Chapter 10: Fair fight

Sapnap was dragged away from their resting place. The two guys had made sure that he wouldn't be able to injure them in any ways. His hands were secured behind his back and all his potential weapons had been confiscated.

Dream saw them disappear into the forest and his vulnerability struck him in that moment. The guy with the blue and brown eyes was the one left with him. Objectively speaking, Dream thought that he could've beaten the brunette. Dream was both taller and, from the look of it, physically stronger as well. But he was at a disadvantaged. Besides the fact that his hands were still tied together, he was also at enemies' territory. Sure, if his hands wouldn't have been backbound, it wouldn't have been impossible to escape the forest and find the bunker. But he couldn't leave Sapnap and there was no way in hell that he could find the way to "the others" layer.

Captured by his own thoughts, he hadn't even realized that his companion was staring at him. "What the fuck are you staring at?" Dream spat. The guy shook his head. "You're rather unpleasant people." Dream stared in disbelief. "You're not the one stuck to a tree."

His companion rose and started walking towards him. He caught himself thinking that maybe he'd gone too far. He was the one that was captured after all. The brunette stopped beside him and pulled out his annoying butterfly knife. Dream cursed his lack of self-control. But the blade never touched his skin and seconds later he felt the euphoric relief as blood returned to his hands. 

He'd freed him? Without hesitation, Dream pushed the guy harshly to buy himself time. His plan sort of worked. The other one fell to the ground and while his capturer was disoriented, Dream reached for the first potential weapon, which happened to be a log. The guy was still on the ground. Adrenaline rushed through his body and although he'd never killed anyone before, that was what he was fully set on changing now. 

However, his plan was interrupted by a horrible sound echoing through his entire skull. The noise made him lose track of what was happening and in his chaotic state, he felt how someone kicked his legs, making him fall to the ground. The sound haunted him until everything turned black.

He awoke with a horrendous headache. "Welcome back, dickhead." Dream turned his head to the left to face the brunette. He took notice of the fact that his hands were still untied. This guy must be new to this entire hostage-thing. He debated trying another attack but even the tiniest movement made him nauseas. That's when the second realization hit him, the mysterious guy had made him a pillow. 

"Not so cocky anymore, huh?" the brunette smirked. Dream glared in response. "You know that you really suck at this hostage-thing, right? You're not suppose to let your target loose." That response made the brunette laugh. He laughed? "Yeah? Well, you didn't get that far. Besides, we can't stay here forever even though your company is lovely." 

Dream was taken back by the response. Was this all a joke to him? "How do you know that I won't kill you?" The guy raised an eyebrow in amusement in his direction. "You did a fairly bad job just a couple minutes ago, I doubt that it will improve." 

"You're extremely confident for a guy half my size. Plus, you would've been dead if it weren't for that noise." The guy still looked amused, which started to drive Dream insane. He was about to say something more, but the brunette was faster. "You still remember the deal, right? If you kill me, your friend Sapnap dies." The mention of his friend's name made him feel uneasy. "How do you know his name?" The guy only smirked again and threw something in Dream's direction, which Dream found to be dried meat.

He sat down in silence and ate the surprisingly tasteful meal. What a complicated situation he had landed in.