Chapter 15: Confused feelings

Their argument had made a noticeable change in the traveler's relationship. George was still angry. Everything felt so unfair. All he wanted was to retrieve Ophelia. What did they even want with her?

But despite everything that had happened between them, was there one thing that George couldn't detach himself from, Dream's sleeping mind. His dreams were horrible, George could feel how it started to affect them both. Dream's energy was lower than before and George couldn't blame him. His former plan seemed to benefited them both.

Why did this guy have such an open fucking mind? It was draining.

One night, George felt like he couldn't take it anymore. Pictures of dead people and claustrophobic scenarios kept intruding his mind. Dream was moving back and forward in his sleep and quiet mumbling could be heard. It tipped George patience over the edge. He opened his mind and let all the nightmares consume his thoughts.

The scenery was indeed horrible, but the worst part was how Dream felt. Even though George wanted to hate the other, getting the insight to his mind made it difficult. Sympathy for the guy finally made George break. So, he began to form a memory. He thought back to a trip when he'd stayed overnight in the forest while hunting, which gave him the luxury to experience one of the most amazing sunsets ever. He projected the memory and the feelings that was tied to it. However, it seemed as though Dream was deeply engaged in his own hell and the projection didn't work.

But something urged George not to give up. He rose up and went over to the other. He sat himself down in front of him and tried again. But with same result again. The blonde twisted in distress from his dreams and George feared that he was about to have something close to a panic attack.

So, he took the other's face in his hands and tried one last time. He felt how a tear ran over his hand. He might not like the guy that much but no one deserved this. He focused on the projection and it finally seemed like it reached the other's mind. The blonde's body relaxed, his head now resting in George's hands. The situation should've been awkward, but it rather felt like a win. George kept his eyes on the blonde and tried to make him breath normally. The situation seemed to have calmed down and George thought that he should leave and hopefully let the other rest peacefully. However, he was suddenly staring into a pair of green eyes.

George quickly let go of his face and shot backwards. Dream kept his eyes on him, George couldn't help but feel exposed. He didn't know what to do, he was supposed to hate this guy.

"Where did you find the glade?" George was stunned for a moment. He'd thought that Dream's first reaction would be anger.

"It – it was just a random place I found." He managed to stutter.

A silent "Thank you." Was uttered. George nodded carefully in response. He thought the conversation would be over after that, but the blonde seemed to think differently.

"The Sea of Stars – "George furrowed his eyebrow in the other's direction. "- does it exist or was it just something you imagined?"

George raised his head to look at the stars. "It exists." The blonde seemed thrilled over the revelation. "Where?" George debated his options. The place in question was his most sacred place and he was one of the few who knew its location, making it even more sacred. That's why his next move surprised even him.

"I won't tell you - but I can show you, we will be in the area in a couple days. "

The green eyes looked like they sparkled at the idea. George was screwed. Why did he offer that? Where the fuck did this all go so wrong?