Zemfira The Witch.

"I don't know what to say Buff! I mean, I'm excited for you.. But I didn't know slayers could.. You know get pregnant?" Willow was trying to comfort Buffy at her bed side at the hospital.

"I didn't either, I mean.. We never used protection cause it seemed so stupid. He's a vampire.. This just doesn't make sense." Buffy was trying not to get herself upset again, the nurse said it wasn't good for the baby.

"Giles is on his way.. He doesn't know yet. Neither does Dawny.. I told Tara.. Hope that's alright?" Willow asked nervously.

"Yes, of course. I hope Xander finds Spike.. Before he does something stupid.. As usual." Buffy rolled her eyes.

*****************************
A few hours later, Buffy and Willow had drifted asleep. Willow was sleeping on a chair next to Buffy's bed.

"Maybe we should come back?" Dawn whispered to Giles who were looking down at the sleeping friends.

"Maybe your right le-" Giles was cut off by a sleepy Buffy.

"Hey guys, don't go. We just drifted asleep for a bit." Buffy sat up rubbing her eyes.

"How are you feeling Buffy? I haven't seen much of you lately. Did Angel really do this? What happened?" Giles was very concerned, he knew how strong his slayer was, so for her to be laying in a hospital bed was unusual to him.

"It's such a long story you guys, and I don't really know how to start it. Basically I was out patrolling and ran into Angel. He was his usual old self, cocky and arrogant. Spike joined our little convo which turned into a fight between the pair of them. Stupid me, thought it would be a bright idea to get in the middle of two angry vampires battling. Angel than, punched me in the stomach, and much to my surprise I started to bleed." Buffy paused for a moment after she picked up on Dawns worried expression on her face.

"It's not like you haven't taken punches before Buff, right?" Dawn asked worried.

"Yes, but that's not it. After Spike got me to the hospital, the doctors than discovered that I am..." Buffy paused briefly and exhaled. "Pregnant."

"What? That's nearly impossible. Are you sure they are right. I mean think about it, Spike's not even." Giles lowered his voice. "Alive"

"I know, it doesn't make sense to us either. I was hoping maybe you could look into it? Maybe someone is messing with me.. " Buffy's voice was quiet as she placed her hand over her belly. "I never dreamed of being a mother."

"I never thought I would have been an Aunty.." Dawn smiled.

"Giles, will you look into this?" Buffy asked once more.

"Yes, I will right away. One thing first, where's Spike?" He asked.

Buffy had almost forgotten about Spike and his angry fit to find Angel.

"He's out looking for Angel. Xander is trying to find them both and stop whatever war there going to start."

Giles and Dawn left to the magic shop where they met up with Tara and Anya. The sun was nearly about to set and Giles and the girls started there long night of research. It was nearly two hours in and Giles was deep into a book about "Frightful witches"

"Oh.my.god" Giles said very slowly. His eyes started to widen as he put the book down. "Buffy getting pregnant wasn't an accident. It was planned... By a witch named Zemfira. She is a witch who feeds off of offspring of powerful woman.. Like Buffy.."

"I've heard of her before, she's pure black magic." Tara's voice was low. "Giles, keep reading."

Giles looked at Tara and back down to the large text book laid out in front of him.

"Zemfira uses her black magic to remain young and powerful by feeding off the newborns born from powerful woman. The more power the victim has, the stronger the power Zemfira will get from the offspring." Giles was reading very slowly as each word sunk into his head as he kept reading. " Zemfira's biggest conquest is the slayer, whom which she casts a spell upon the slayer to become pregnant with her parter. The first part of her ritual is casting nightmares on her victim.."

"So, Buffy is only pregnant because of this lunatic witch?" Dawn asked confused.

"And that makes sense why she's been having those weird dreams before her wedding.." Anya spoke up.

"It seems so. It says here that the blood of the slayers child will make her immortal and twice as strong as Buffy." Giles was scamming the book for more information.

"We have to tell Buffy, she needs to know." Dawn was about to get up before Giles stopped her.

"And we will Dawn, but first we have to find out all we can. Buffy needs to rest, and so do you. When she gets home later today we will have a meeting with her." Giles was trying to calm Dawn down.

Giles stayed back doing as much research as he could. He knew Buffy was in much danger this time and with her being pregnant that limited her to fighting. Just before opening another book on black magic witches, Spike entered the magic shop.

"Knew you would be here, trying to make sense of this happy situation are we?" Spike hadn't a clue about what Giles had just discovered.

"Spike I thought you were out looking for Angel?" Giles thought maybe he ought to change the subject.

"Little shit went running back to LA. I was in my crypt all day waiting for the sun to go down. Xander went to go see Buffy and for some reason I knew you would be here. Your not happy for us, are you?" Spike asked while sitting down across from Giles.

"Spike... It's much more complicated than you think." Giles knew he had to explain to Spike what he just discovered but feared on how he would react.