On The Run

Buffy had arrived home the next day and was ordered to rest by her doctor. Giles was planning on telling Buffy soon but feared her reaction.

"How you feeling?" Dawn asked Buffy, who was tired of that question.

"For the the millionth time, I'm fine. I definitely don't need to be laying in bed." Buffy rolled her eyes at her younger sister.

"Yes you do. Doctors orders." Dawn demanded, she loved ordering her sister around whenever she could.

Buffy rolled her eyes at her sister once more.

"So, where's Spike? And Giles." Buffy was beginning to feel as if everyone was keeping something from her.

"There at the magic shop... Just doing some research." Dawn suddenly became nervous.

Dawn hated lying to Buffy, because she wasn't very good at it.

"What's going on?"Buffy asked.

"N-nothing." Dawn stuttered as she got off the bed.

Buffy followed her and reached to grab her arm.

"Hey! Your suppose to be resting." Dawn complained.

"Spill it Dawn. Now."

"I think it's best we wait for Giles.. He has all the answers. Until than, why don't you la-" Buffy cut her off before she could finish.

"Nope." Buffy said coldly while getting her coat on. "I'm not gonna lay around here wasting time."

Dawn knew she couldn't stop her sister so she stepped out of the way.

*******************************
Buffy kicked the door open to the magic shop and made her arrival very present.

"Hey guys, how's it going?" She smiled.

"Buff." Spike was surprised to see his wife out of bed. "What are you doing?"

"Enough with that bullshit. I'm fine." Buffy's arms were crossed as she slowly walked over to her friends and husband. "What's going on. Someone tell me, now."

"Buffy, we were going to tell you. We just wanted to have all the facts straight." Giles was beginning to feel nervous.

"What is going on? By the look of all your faces, it's not good is it?" Buffy's hands moved down to her stomach where her and Spikes baby was growing inside of her.

"Come sit down, please babe." Spike grabbed her arms and pulled her gently towards the table.

Buffy sighed and had seat next to Willow and Tara, whom were trying to avoid eye contact.

"Her names Zemfira. She's a black magic witch who feeds off the offspring of... Powerful woman. She casted a spell on you Buffy.. She's the reason you and Spike are expecting." Giles tried to calmly explain to his slayer the unfortunate circumstances.

"Feeds .. Off the..?" Buffy's eyes were larger than ever, she was in extreme shock. "So she wants my... Our baby." She looked over at Spike.

"Yes. And we suspect she will make her way to you any day now. The spell speeds up the normal process of a pregnancy. Willow thinks you will be delivering with in the matter of weeks. 3 of 4 maybe. She holds her victims captive herself until they go into labor." Giles voice was calming but worried.

"We need to get you in hiding pet. Until we find out more about her.." Spike put his hands on her shoulders.

"You mean run away?" Buffy asked bewildered.

"Yes. I need to make sure my girls safe. Both of them." He smiled.

"You think it's a girl?" Buffy half smiled.

"Yes. If this baby is going to be strong, than its definitely a girl. A mini Buffy." He smiled at her.

Tears began to pool in her eyes as she looked at the man she loved. She knew he was right, she wouldn't be able to fight Zemfira herself. For the first time in her life, Buffy had to depend on everyone she loved to fight her battle for her.

"Where should we go? Will it matter? I mean if this witch is as powerful as she says she is, than is hiding even necessary?"

"There's no doubt in my mind that hiding won't hold her off for very long, but that's all we have right now." Willow piped up.

Before Buffy or anyone could respond, the magic shop door violently flew off its hinges and towards the gang. Before them stood a beautiful African American woman with long black hair that hung just above her waist. She was dressed in a dark brown leather button up top and black tight jeans, she certainly didn't look like your typical witch.

"I've been waiting a long time for this moment darling. I believe you have something of mine?" Zemfira smirked to Buffy who's face was nearly pale white from shock.

"You stay the hell away from her, or I'll show you what pain is." Spike threatened her, he moved Buffy behind him.

Zemfira let out a cackle so loud it roared in everyone's ears and with the swift movement of her head she casted a spell upon Spike, making him fly across the room.

"Buffy!" Willow yelled. "Grab my hand! Now!"

Willow could only think of one escape route and that was to teleport them out of Zemfiras site. Before Buffy knew it, she and Willow had landed outsides Buffy's house.

"She's going to come here first so we have to be quick, grab Dawn and whatever else we need." Willow was laying on the ground holding her head, not only was the spell she used hard to teleport herself but was twice has hard for two people.

"Willow, are you going to be alright? Your nose is bleeding?" Buffy was concerned for her best friend.

"Yes, go now. We don't have much time." Willow gasped in exhaustion.

************************
"What is this place?" Dawn asked walking around a dirty cold barn.

"This is Tara's parents farm. There away on holidays. I tried to make us land inside but I'm running a bit weak here guys." Willow was laying on the cold ground that was covered in hay.

"Here" Buffy reached out her hand to pull Willow off the ground.

"So, you think she will come here than? I mean, if you were able to teleport here than what's stopping her?" Dawn was being her usual worried self.

"That's just it. Zemfira is only powerful by magic. I'm powerful by nature. If she thinks for a second she can out do me, than that bitch has another thing coming to her." Willow eyes began to darken and before she knew it she found herself channeling her inner dark self.

Buffy and Dawn had never seen Willow like this before, it worried Buffy but she was willing to do whatever to keep her family safe. In the meantime, Willow was waiting on Tara and Spike to bring whatever black magic books she could, she was about to get herself in the middle of the most powerful spell books ever imagined and that gave her more than a thrill than she liked.