She fell in love with a monster.

Spike looked at her as if she were the most beautiful creature on earth. He would know about creatures, with him being a vampire. All he wanted was for her to love him as deeply he loved her. Spike gazed at her as they lay in each other's arms.

"You should go soon, Dawn will be home." Buffy whispered.

"You know pet, one day your going to have to tell people were seeing each other"

"Oh, is that what we're doing? Sighed Buffy.

"Well, I wouldn't call us friends. I love you, you know that. You keep me sheltered from your family and friends because you are ashamed of me" confessed Spike.

"Spike, I'm not ashamed or embarrassed of you. I'm scared."

"Why the bullocks would you be scared? Of me? Of us?"

"Im scared because one day you might get bored of me. One day you could change your feelings about me and leave. I'm scared because my friends, my family won't understand what we are doing. They see you as a monster and me as a slayer. Spike, these feelings I have for you they're new to me" tears pooled around her eyes as she tried to make Spike understand.

"Shh, don't cry pet. I would never leave you Buffy, I've been searching for you my whole life. One day everyone will understand our love for each other , and if they don't- we kill them" jokingly laughed Spike.

"Spike, you bring out the worst and best in me, and for that I do love you" She smiled while looking up at the man she finally admitted to herself she loved.