Slayer Instincts.

Spike and Buffy had settled into a daily routine life, which consisted of taking care of there family during the day, and fighting off the evil at night. They couldn't be happier, that is until one summer night while they were out patrolling when Bufffy discovered something unusual and out of order. Every night it seemed to have been less and less big scary bad guys, to Spike it was a relief but to Buffy, she knew something wasn't right.

"I'm telling you Spike, my slayer instincts are always right- there is something going on. I can feel it. Something bad is about to happen." She was holding Spike's hand as they were walking through the cemetery.

"Relax pet, maybe were dying off- I mean how many have you killed? Maybe this day was destined to come." Spike was trying to be positive, the last thing he wanted was for his daughter to be in danger-grave danger.

"As long as there is living life, there is bad guys. That's just how it works, and I know you know that - so please quit being positive and help me figure this out." 

Knowing Buffy could see right through him, he decided to slowly give in. "I will admit, there aren't as many bumpy face vamps running around here but that doesn't exactly mean anything. Give it time, for now look at it as a break- Dawn's got the little one for a few more hours, what do you say we take a stroll to the old crypt."

Buffy wasn't exactly paying attention to Spike, his arms were wrapped around her waist as they were walking- but she couldn't focus on that. Her nerves were uneasy and something told her to go to Giles, gather the gang and get to the bottom of it.

"I...I can't.. We need to talk to Giles, I'm going to call the gang and get them together." She always trusted her instincts, and tonight that's what she planned on doing.

An hour later and all the gang, excluding Dawn and Rose, all gathered at Giles place. He was still in his night ware, and was brewing a pot of tea for everyone.

As he was coming in the living room, holding as many tea cups as he possibly could manage he spoke."So, start from the beginning Buff, what has happened?"

"Well, nothing has happened.. I just.. I feel like something is wrong. I have this instinct that were about to get a rude awakening and lately every night Spike and I are seeing less and less Vampires. Something isn't right, you have to trust me on this." Buffy was standing in front of everyone, desperately trying to convince everyone she wasn't crazy.

"I do believe you Buff, but that's not much to go off of- I mean, are you sure your not just-paranoid? Other than a few vamps and demons here and there, things around Sunny-dale have been, normal?"Giles was pouring tea into everyone's cups, perhaps he thought a nice hot drink would ease Buffy's nerves.

"I have to agree with Giles love, I mean its almost been a year since Zemfira, we haven't gone this long without something- bad happening." Spike wasn't sure how Buffy would react to him taking Giles side, but he felt certain enough to speak his mind.

"Believe me or not. Something is coming, something is planning an attack and I don't want my-our- family to be here when it does." She was looking at Spike now, her eyes were worried and Spike could tell his wife as frightened.

"So you want to pack up and leave? Because you have.. a feeling of something bad?"Giles was trying to show Buffy how irrational she as being. 

"Not me, no. I want Rose and Dawn to skip town- I don't know with who yet but please... You have to just trust me, just this once." Buffy was begging at this point, if they weren't going to believe here she didn't know what her next plan was going to be.

Everyone looked around at one another, silently taking her plea as serious as possible. It wasn't until Xander decided to intervene first. "Buffy, I can understand What Giles is saying and I can understand what your saying. But if you truly are feeling this way, than I am more than willing to pack up your girls and take them somewhere safe- heck Anya and I were just talking about a vacation." Xander knew Anya would have something to say about this later, but for now he didn't care- it was the least he could do for his best-friend.

"Lets just slow it down for a second, Buffy our daughter is safest when she is with her parents- you know slayer and vampire. We can't just go sending her away whenever you get a bad feeling." Spike rarely argued with Buffy about such matters as there daughter, but he was not sitting back on this one.

"Spike, its not a bad feeling!" She yelled, more irritated than she was a few seconds ago. " There is something no one in this room will ever be able to understand and that's slayer instinct. You don't feel what I feel. I am not being paranoid, I am not being ridiculous. I am being me- the slayer. " Everyone in the room suddenly felt like they had front row seats to a heated argument between the couple, but Buffy didn't care, she felt hurt that out of everyone in her life, Spike wasn't on her side. "Xander, thank you. I honestly would love if you took the girls on a vacation, it would be my treat. And for everyone else, believe me or don't believe me. Something is coming, and it is big- it is bad and it wants us dead."

The room was dead silent, everyone looked around at one another as Buffy stood with her arms crossed, she was not backing down from this - not for her friends or her husband. She was ready to fight, alone or as a group. It was up to the others to decide.