Chapter 7

FLOWEY POV

Something about this human, Y/n. . . they make me feel safe. It's like their soul is as pure as the bright white snow that glistens on the peaks of Mt. Ebott. Although I've only just met them, it feels like I could trust them with my life. Maybe it's just because I've been detached from all other living beings for so long; maybe the only reason I feel such a strong bond with Y/n already is because I've been lonely for so many years.

Even so, I'd like to stick around and get to know them better. It's not like I have anything better to do down here. And besides, it would be cruel to simply leave them down here to fend for themselves. I'm doing my best to become a better person; maybe this could be my first step to leaving my old life behind.

"Follow me," I say, beckoning Y/n with one of my hand-like leaves. They nod in obedience, trotting behind me as I lead them out of the throne room and into Judgment Hall.

"Woahh," they breath, stopping in their tracks as we entered the golden room. "It's. . . beautiful."

I nod my head in agreement and stand still as they walk past me, making their way to one of the many giant arched windows that line this room.

I stand by as they tentatively reach out their hand, placing it ever-so-gently against the yellow-tinted glass. As soon as their hand made contact with the window, their face lit up, eyes sparking with amazement.

"It feels so warm!" they explain as they turned their eyes back to me, beaming with joy. "But at the same time, it's so cold. . . this place is so incredible."

"It is," I agree.

"There's something else, though," they mumble, taking their hand from the window. "It's beautiful, but at the same time, there's something off-putting. It's almost as if there's something here, waiting for me, watching my every move. It's kind of creepy."

To be completely honest with you, that is one thing I did not expect the human to say. I thought it was only me who felt that; and even so, I'd just believed it was because of all of the timelines where I had witnessed Sans fight the fallen human. Seeing both of them get killed, over, and over, and over. . . it really sticks with you. Even now, I can perfectly recall the sight of human blood staining the very window that Y/n had just been caressing. They were right- it was eerie here.

It was almost as if Sans was still here, lurking behind a column, watching you and judging your every move. But alas, he had been on the surface for years. Sans hadn't set foot in this hall in ages. And he never would again. Unless. . .

Let's not think about that for now. Right now, I want to focus on the present. For the first time in forever, I'm not alone. And that right there is enough to keep me from ever resetting again. 

A/N:

Shorter chapter this time, sorry! I felt that it would be better to switch back to Y/n's pov after judgement hall, and besides it's easier for me to get out more chapters, faster when I don't write as many words. Anyway, thanks so much for reading, and I'll see you in the next chapter!!