Chapter 11

FLOWEY POV

Through the thick snowfall, I could just barely make out the twinkle of holiday lights on the other end of this path. My eyes stung from the cold bits of snow flung at them, but something about it was refreshing.

At long last, we've reached Snowdin.

About a week has passed since Y/n has fallen to the Underground, and a lot has happened since then. To say the least, my life has become a lot more exciting. I guess people are right when they say the food's more tasty when you're eating with others? I mean that in a metaphorical sense. I don't eat. Er, I don't need to eat. I can still enjoy a good batch of butterscotch pie.

Y/n seems to be doing ok. They're a good listener, and I've found myself rambling to them about miniscule things on more than one occasion. Although, they've done the same thing to me a good few times, so it balances out. We make a good pair.

I can't help but feel curious about their old life, though. When we first met, I warned them that I had a few more skeletons in my closet than I'd like to admit. And what they replied with has been eating at my mind for the past week: "Well then, I guess we already have something in common."

What on earth could they have meant by that? They seem like such an innocent person, but. . . something tells me that there's some things they're hiding from me. Which is fair; I've failed to tell them that I'm a psychopathic murderer who finds entertainment in watching people suffer.

No, no. I need to stop thinking about myself that way. I've changed.

But, back to what I was saying: I need to find out what they meant by that. What are the skeletons in their closet? What are they hiding from me? I won't be satisfied until I know.

"Since it's still fairly early in the day, we can skip staying here in Snowdin Town and go straight to the Ruins," I informed Y/n. "It's the last place we get to explore."

"Alright!" they replied, their eyes glistening in anticipation. "I'm excited to see it." Their expression flickered from excited to uncertain for a moment, and their voice faltered slightly as they said, "I'm not quite sure I'm ready for our journey to end yet."

"It'll be okay!" I cheered in a half-hearted attempt to raise their spirits. "I can take you around the Underground any time you'd like."

They smiled down at me in response, their eyes warm but still laced with sadness. Seeing that my cheering-up hadn't cheered them up, I though of a different way to lighten the mood.

"Follow me, Y/n," I said, throwing a playful glance behind me at them as I unrooted myself from the earth to avoid plunging through the frozen soil, and made my way to the bridge that connected Snowdin Town to the rest of Snowdin. "There's somewhere I want to take you."

A/N

Sorry for the shorter chapter!! More coming soon :))