Chapter 5: About Last Night

I was awoken from Sean's phone ringing off the hook. My eyes fluttered open as I groaned from the annoying sound. I shook Sean's shoulder, "Hey, someone keeps calling you." Sean grunted as he grabbed his phone and answered it. "What's up?" he said sleepily. "Oh shit! Yeah, I'll be right down." He jumped out of bed and hastily put his clothes back on. This woke Mark up, "What's going on?" "Sorry guys," Sean apologized, "the band's been waiting on me for like 30 minutes and we have to be at the airport in 15. I'd stay longer, but I got to go." 

"Go on," Mark shooed jokingly, "get out of here you son of a bitch." "Love you too, Mark," Sean chuckled. "See you around (Y/N)." "Bye, Sean," I waved. Sean stormed down the stairs and out the front door. As soon as I heard the front door shut, I turned over to face Mark. "Good morning," I said. "Good morning," he sleepily smiled, "I forgot to ask, but do you work today?" "No, silly. I work from home." I'm a writer. I've written for lots of articles, mainly keeping my name anonymous. I liked it that way, though. My business being put out in the world wasn't something I necessarily enjoyed the thought of. 

"Oh yeah, I forgot," Mark said. "Well, that's good. I want to just lay here with you." "Actually," I started, "I was thinking we could get some brunch before you took me back home." "That actually sounds like a good idea." He softly kissed my forehead right before getting up. "So, where did you want to go?" Mark asked. I yawned as I said, "I don't know, surprise me." "Alright, well get up and get ready." 

I raised up in the bed and raised an eyebrow up at him. He must've forgot that I didn't live here, and I didn't bring any clothes or personal hygiene items with me. I didn't exactly plan to go home with him last night. Realization hit his face as he said, "Oh, right. I have an extra toothbrush in the bathroom that no one's used. The only deodorant I have is men's deodorant. I think I have a pair of joggers you might be able to fit into, and I'll get you another t-shirt, one of my tighter fitting ones." 

I was relieved, at least he was somewhat prepared. My body stretched itself out of bed. I followed Mark into the bathroom, where he gave me the toothbrush and deodorant. We brushed our teeth together, and it felt kind of nice. As if we were a couple, getting ready for the day together. No, I shouldn't think like that. He's probably not interested in me like that. I mean, we just had a threesome together last night, what kind of relationship forms from a threesome? 

I put on the deodorant, which Mark was kind of shocked over. "You really don't care to smell like a man?" he asked. "No," I shook my head, "I actually used to use men's deodorant in high school. It lasts a lot longer than women's" "Hmph. That's interesting." We made our way back to the bedroom. Mark started rummaging through his dresser, "Hmm, let's see. Ah, here we go. These should work just fine." He threw a pair of sage joggers and a black t-shirt my way. After thinking about it, the only shoes I had were those black heels I walked in here with. 

"Do you have like a solid color muscle shirt by chance?" I asked. I knew that looking homeless wouldn't match with heels, but if I could find a tight tank top and tuck it in, that would at least look a little fashionable. A little confused, Mark said, "Yeah, just give me one second." I watched as he rummaged through the second drawer before pulling out a black muscle shirt. "Here you go," he handed it to me. I pulled the t-shirt I currently had on over my head and threw it onto the bed. 

I took notice to Mark admiring me once again; the same way he did last night. "What?" I giggled while getting dressed in the clothes provided for me. It looked as if I dragged Mark out of a daze right before he said, "Nothing." He looked down in embarrassment while keeping a smile on his face. I checked myself out in the mirror to see how I looked. This outfit would definitely look good in heels. 

"Are you about ready?" Mark asked. "Yeah, just give me one second," I ran downstairs to my purse. I knew I'd have mascara or something in my purse. Rummaging through my purse, I pulled out a tube of mascara and sunglasses. I applied the mascara right before putting on my black, heart shaped sunglasses. It wasn't sunny out really, but I had a couple reasons for sunglasses.