Chapter 8: Let's be Safe (Slight XXX)

After approaching Mark's door, I knocked on it kind of loudly. It was a big house and I wasn't sure where he would be at in the house. I stood there for a couple minutes and there was no sign of Mark coming to the door. I easily could've used the spare key, but I didn't want to be rude, so instead I called Mark. It rang a few times before he finally picked up. The background noise was extremely loud, like the sound of running water was right next to the phone. 

"Hey!" Mark exclaimed. "Hey, I'm here," I replied back. "Oh, okay. Just use the spare key; I'm in the shower." That's why it sounded like the phone was next to running water. "Okay," I said, "I'm coming in." I hung up the phone right before lifting up the door mat to reveal a silver key underneath. After picking up the key, I unlocked the door to his house. I don't know why, but it felt like in a way I was entering my new home. I've never felt so comfortable in a house than I do in this one. 

Hearing the shower running while I was walking upstairs triggered an idea in me. I made my way through Mark's bedroom up to his bathroom door. After placing a couple small knocks on the door, I peeped my head in. "Hey," I chimed, "I'm here." "Okay," Mark answered from behind the shower door, "I'll be out in just a minute." "I was actually wondering... do you think I can join you?" 

A raspy chuckle escaped from Mark before he said, "You're always welcome to join me." Without hesitation I entered the bathroom and stripped myself of my clothing. I pulled the shower door open and stepped inside, shutting it behind me. Mark stood there soaking wet and my god was it a sight to see. I took notice of every water droplet dripping down his chest, to his abs, and making its way down to his already erect cock. 

He looked to be admiring me in the same way before I closed the gap between us and moved closer. I ran my hands through his hair as he did the same with mine and brought his face down to my neck, beginning to kiss and suck with every breath. His cock poked at the lower region of my body, making me anticipate when it would be inside me. "Hello, beautiful," he purred in my ear right before he bit at my earlobe. 

I bit my lip in pleasure and let out a slight moan, "I've missed you, Mark." He brought his face close to mine and chuckled, "I bet I've missed you more." "Oh yeah? Prove it." A devilish smirk appeared on Mark's face as he pushed me up against the wall and practically shoved his tongue down my throat. 

Our hands went everywhere except for away from each other's bodies. I pulled away from our steamy embrace. After quickly catching my breath I said, "As much as I love the shower, why don't we take this to the bedroom?" He deviously grinned and nodded. After turning the water off, we both made our way out of the shower and quickly dried off. I headed to the bedroom first with Mark following close behind me. 

I jolted as Mark turned me around and pushed me onto the bed. He quickly made his way hovering on top of me, "You were being too sl-" Our session was cut off by quick numerous flashes in his bedroom. Both of us looked over to the window, where the curtain was wide open. Mark got up and grabbed a blanket, using one hand to cover his cock with it as he stomped to the window to close the blinds. 

I raised up and covered myself with the sheets. Mark put on basketball shorts and a t-shirt frantically. "What was that?" I asked. "Goddamn paparazzi," he responded just before walking out of the bedroom. I know I haven't known Mark long, but seeing him so angry was such a shocker. He didn't seem like the angry type. I took a moment to grab one of his t-shirts just to cover myself up. 

It wasn't long before he was back upstairs. I looked at him and just waited to hear what he was going to say first. He looked at me as he let out a huff before saying, "I tried to go outside to see if I could catch them, but I couldn't. I'm used to being bombarded in the streets, but at my own home; that shit's not going to fly." He sat down on the bed with his head leaned back and eyes closed. I took this time to sit next to him and comfort him. "I'm so sorry," I said as I rubbed his back. 

He brought his gaze towards mine then said, "No, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have had those curtains or blinds open and I'm not even mad that they have pictures of me like that; I'm mad that they have pictures of you like that. I'm so sorry, (Y/N)." "Hey, it's okay," I said. "It's not your fault. Besides, I work with the media and typically they censor out pictures like that. There will probably just be a headline saying 'Mark Fischbach's secret lover!?' I'm personally not worried." 

"I know," Mark started, "it's just not fair to you to be brought into the spotlight like that when you don't want to be." I let out a little chuckle, "Trust me, with my last relationship I had to be in the spotlight so much more than what I was comfortable with. I guarantee you in a week everyone will be talking about how Felix and his girlfriend broke up." 

Mark let out a little chuckle, "Yeah, I guess you're right." We stared at each other for a slight moment, our eyes staring into each other. Our silent moment was interrupted with Mark looking at his phone for the time. "Oh shit!" Mark jolted up putting on his bartending uniform as quick as humanly possible. "I got to get to work. Um, you're more than welcome to anything in the fridge and just make yourself at home. If you need anything, call me." 

"Okay," I giggled, "thank you." I followed him downstairs to the front door. "Oh, and another thing," he started, "Keep the doors locked. We're still not sure who that was outside, so let's just be safe." "Okay, dad," I joked. "I hope you have a good night at work." I embraced him into a hug and he returned the gesture. 

"Thank you," he replied as we let go of each other, "I'll see you in the morning." He placed a small kiss on my forehead right before heading out the door. I waved at him as I watched him shut the door. This might make me sound weird, but I wanted to take this chance to look around his house. Not really snoop in his stuff, just look at pictures and things placed around the house. If I'm looking to have a relationship with this guy, I want to get to know his vibe. 

I took notice to pictures that were hanging on his wall. I gathered that he had a brother, and his parents must've been split up. He had pictures of his mom with another man that wasn't his father. From my observation skills, I think his dad is passed. There aren't any recent pictures of his dad. Just pictures of him and Mark when Mark was a teenager. 

There were also pictures of what I assumed to be his friends. Old pictures, newer pictures, the whole shebang all on his walls and shelves. I never imagined a single man living by himself to have so many pictures in his home. That's a good sign in my book; I absolutely love pictures. Pictures are all I have left of my sister, so I cherish them deeply. 

I saw a picture on the wall of Mark, Felix, and Sean. It was way before I came into the picture that's for sure. They appeared to be at one of Sean's gigs, hence the stage with musical equipment in the background. They all looked so happy, especially Felix. I don't think I've ever seen him that happy. 

A single tear fell down my cheeks, knowing that I was never able to make Felix that happy. I decided to snap myself out of my thoughts and see what I could eat in the kitchen. I can't remember the last time I ate was, so I should probably get something in me. Walking in the kitchen, I immediately went to the fridge. 

Mark's fridge was full of exactly what you think a single man would have in his fridge. A lot of things to make sandwiches with, different types of beverages, and a strange amount of cheese. I'll let that slide, maybe he just loves to snack on it. I decided to look in his freezer and in it were a lot of single serve frozen meals. One was a frozen chicken pot pie. My grandma used to make me those all the time when I was a little girl. I took one of the pot pies and took it out of its packaging. I read the instructions and popped it in the microwave for 10 minutes. 

I walked over to the sink to wash my hands really quick. His hand soap at the kitchen sink was so fancy and smelled amazing. I washed my hands thoroughly and grabbed a paper towel to dry them off. When I glanced up at the window above the sink, my body froze. My breath became shaky when I noticed what was placed on the outside of the window. It was a note taped to the window saying, "YOU'LL NEVER BE SAFE HERE."