Chapter 17: 317 11th Avenue

"Heyyy, what's going on?" the Irish man spoke. "Why are you here?" Mark asked. "Oh, Mark, don't be like that. Can't a friend just want to stay with his ol' buddy?" Sean tried entering the house, but Mark blocked the doorway with his arm.

"I'm not sure if friends are people who rat each other out," Mark looked down at Sean. "Ah, you're still mad about that?" Sean asked. "Yeah, safe to say me and (Y/N) are both very upset about that." "Mark, if you let me in, I can explain everything. Please." "Why do you want in anyway?" "Um... one of the band members and I got into a disagreement, and I punched him. They kicked me out of the hotel room for the night and the rest of the rooms were taken."

Mark eyed Sean up and down before moving his arm down to let him in. Sean thanked Mark sincerely and walked into the residence. His gaze immediately caught mine. I honestly don't think he was expecting me to be here. We haven't been in a room together since that night, so there was an awkward tension between us. All Sean did was nod at me and made his way to the living room couch. Mark and I followed him.

Sean sat down while Mark and I stared down at him. We both felt like we just couldn't trust him, but the least we could do was hear him out. "Listen," Sean began, "I know both of you are pissed at me. You have every right to be. But you need to understand that I tried so hard to avoid telling him. He kept asking me and asking me and all I did was deny everything. Until he threatened blackmail. He told me he had links with 'people' and that he would get my darkest secrets plastered everywhere. He said he was going to ruin me and put my career in jeopardy. I really didn't want to tell him; you must believe me. He's fucking crazy."

His story honestly didn't seem that far off. Felix is fucking insane; it doesn't sound like something he wouldn't do. I mean, we already know he's not afraid to stalk me and Mark, and the way he's acted about everything just proves what he's capable of doing. Who's to say he didn't threaten blackmail on Sean? And who's to say he wouldn't have blackmailed Sean if Sean continued to lie?

I nodded at Sean after hearing him tell his story. "I believe you," I said. Mark looked over at me with concern. I could tell he wasn't fully convinced. "Well, who's to say Felix wouldn't do that? We already know he's fucking crazy. I think Sean's telling the truth," I explained to Mark. Mark looked at me for another moment, but then nodded in agreement with me. "Yeah, it checks out," Mark said.

"Thank you for believing me. And again, I'm so sorry I ratted you two out," Sean was relieved. "It's okay, I'm not mad anymore. You did what you felt was necessary for your safety," I said. I sat down next to Sean as Mark went to get everyone some water. "So, how have you two been?" Sean asked. "We've been great. Mark and I actually ended up getting together, so that's a thing now," I responded. "Aww, you fell in love with him and not me?" Sean and I both giggled at his comment. "I'm just kidding. I'm glad you two are happy together. I know both of you were going through it, so it's good you found each other," Sean smiled at me. I smiled back at him.

Mark reentered the room with 3 bottles of water, handing two of them to me and Sean. "So, what was the disagreement over?" Mark asked Sean. Sean leaned back into the couch and sighed before giving us his answer. "I found out that Tommy's been screwing around with my ex-girlfriend," he said. "No fucking way," Mark said in astonishment. "I mean, he knew that our breakup affected me so bad, yet he still goes and does this. I expressed my opinion about it to him and it just turned into yelling." "What made you punch him?" I asked. Sean let out a sigh and held his head in his hand. "He told me it's what I deserved because of the threesome," he said.

I rubbed Sean's back to comfort him. "It's not what you deserve at all. Sure, it's a shitty thing that all of us did, but I know you wouldn't have gone through with it if Felix was this loving guy that the world sees him as. The same goes for Mark," I responded. "Yeah, Timmy's just an asshole. He knows how much she meant to you," Mark responded. "You guys are right," Sean said. "You guys want to play some video games or something? We can play Fall Guys."

All we did for the rest of the night was play numerous video games together. I hadn't played video games with other people in so long; I forgot how fun it was. We didn't realize how long we'd been playing, because before we knew it the sun was coming up. All of us were clearly exhausted, but none of us wanted to admit it.

We turned off our game after we finished the last round right before Sean's phone started ringing. He let out a small sigh before answering it. "Yeah? ... No, you guys go without me. I pulled an all nighter at Mark's so I'm going to catch a quick nap before I come back. ... I'm sorry too, I shouldn't have gotten that violent. ... Well, I appreciate that. ... Yeah, we're good. I'll catch up with you all later. ... Okay, bye." He ended his short phone call and turned to us.

"Timmy apologized and said he's cutting off all contact with my ex," he spoke. "That's good. I thought I was going to have to go teach him a lesson," Mark joked. We all laughed at his remark. Mark and I stood up so we could go get some rest. "You're more than welcome to the guest room, Sean," Mark said. "Nah, this couch is very comfy," Sean snuggled himself against the cushions. "Do you want a pillow?" "Is that a question? Who sleeps without a pillow?"

I giggled at the boys' bickering and made my way to the stairs. "I hope you sleep good, Sean," I called out. "Thank you, you too," he yelled back. I made my way up the staircase and into me and Mark's bedroom. My body hitting the comfortable mattress made me realize how exhausted I truly was. Within minutes I was in a deep sleep.

...

*BANG*

I bolted awake to a loud booming sound coming from inside the house. Mark was just as awake as I was and also just as terrified. We looked at each other unknowingly and waited for another sound to happen. Mark hesitantly got up from the bed and grabbed a baseball bat from underneath it.

"Stay here," he looked back at me before he inched his way slowly out of the bedroom. I stayed in the bed, anxious for what was happening. My entire body trembled as I listened for any kind of commotion. Instinctively, I reached for my phone in case I needed to call for help.

"What the fuck are you doing here? What the fuck have you done?!" I heard Mark scream from downstairs. There was a mixture of despair and anger in his voice. My breath became shaky and even though I was scared, I brought myself out of the bed to go see what was going on. Before I left the room, I dialed 911 on my phone. The line rang twice before an operator answered.

"911, what's your emergency?" she asked me. "I think we may have a possible break in," my voice was shaky. "What's the address?" "317 11th Avenue." "I have police on the way now, what's going on?" "My boyfriend and I were asleep and we woke up to a loud noise. He went downstairs to see what it was and now it sounds like he's arguing with someone." "Where are you in the house now?" "I'm in the hallway upstairs." "What did the noise sound like?" "It was a loud bang, possibly a gunshot but I'm not sure." "Is there anyone else in the house that you know of?" "Our friend was sleeping downstairs, but I don't hear his voice." "Do you recognize any other voices in the house?"

I took a second to listen to the yelling back and forth. The second voice made my blood run cold; I knew it was Felix. I started to tear up and it was heard through my voice. "Um, I think it's my ex boyfriend," I said. I inched my way to the top few stairs and peaked around the wall. What I saw in the living room horrified me. I was sobbing at this point and shocked.

"Ma'am, can you go to a room where you'll be safe?" she asked me. Suddenly, my body started to go numb. As much as I wanted to move or speak, I couldn't. Blackness started to cave in my vision from the outside until it made its way to my entire vision. I couldn't feel my legs anymore and I collapsed.