Girlfriend | Trevor Zegras

#46, Center for the Anaheim Ducks
Word Count: 3.4 K

"You've got to be the dumbest person alive." I tell Trevor, pulling him in for a hug. He scared the ever-loving shit out of me when he pulled that stunt.

He raises an eyebrow at me. "What are you talking about?" Of course, he's acting all innocent.

I roll my eyes at my best friend. "Like you don't know. Skating blindfolded to impress some judges by scoring a goal? What the hell were you thinking? Especially when you had dodgeballs being thrown at you."

"What I was thinking was that it was going to be pretty fucking cool. And it was. Up until Jack comes out with Brekken and ruins it all." He rolls his eyes playfully. "But my point is, it isn't dangerous if no one gets hurt. And no one got hurt."

Jack Hughes, one of Trevor's best friends, skates up to us and throws an arm around Trevor's shoulders. "I told you she was gonna flip on you. Did you listen? Of course not." He rolls his eyes and smiles at me. "Hey, Y/N."

I just shake my head. Trevor and I together is insane. Trevor and Jack together is ridiculous. Jack and I together is hilarious. All three of of together? A whole hilarious, ridiculous, insane mix of people, if that makes any sense. We're always breaking things and getting noise complaints when we're together.

"Hey, Hughesy. Nice magic trick you had there."

Jack grins proudly. "Couldn't have done it without Brekken." He glances up when someone calls his name. "Speaking of, that's my cue to go answer some questions with the little man. See you later." He gives me a quick hug before skating off.

That leaves me with Trevor, who is delighted that he managed to score a goal blindfolded. "I'm still saying that you're dumb for even thinking about doing that." I tell him, shaking my head.

"You sound like my mom." He complains. "I know you worry, but I'm fine." He holds out his arms. "Look at me. Not a scratch on me. There's a reason I play in the NHL. I know what I'm doing." He assures me.

I roll my eyes at him. "Whatever you say." I check the time on my watch and sigh. "You know I wanna be here, but I gotta get back to the hotel and start working on homework. I have an essay due at 10 am tomorrow and I haven't even started." He just shakes his head, laughing. Trevor knows more than anyone how bad of a procrastinator I am.

He sighs in return. "Can you stay? You can sit up in one of the boxes and work up there. All of them are empty." He pulls out his puppy-dog eyes. "Please? It won't be the same if you're not here."

I relent, knowing he won't leave me alone until I do. "Fine. I'll listen in on what's happening but I'll be working. I'll try to watch you."

He nods, grinning. "I'll take it. Let's go." He steps off of the ice, taking off his skates and setting them to the side. He leads me up to one of the boxes, sliding around in his socks. I just laugh at his antics. This boy is a mess.

"I'm proud of you, you know that?" I tell him as we continue on our journey to one of the boxes that typically managers and press sit in. "I know I got on you for what you did for the breakaway challenge, but it was amazing what you did. I know a lot of veterans who wouldn't have the guts to do that. And you not only did it, but you actually scored a goal, too. That's amazing, Trev."

He stops his sliding around to turn around, dropping the hand he was holding to grab my other one. "Thanks, Y/N. You're an awesome friend, you know that?" He retorts with a huge grin. I just playfully shove his shoulder and tell him to hurry up, since the rankings for the breakaway challenge are going to be announced in a couple minutes.