Prince (Part Two) | Jack Hughes

Yes, the title is "Prince" instead of "Princess" for a reason, I promise. This is part two of Princess, my last Jack imagine. I have a little clip from the end of that as a reminder of what happened last. Enjoy!

- - - - -

#86, Center for the New Jersey Devils
Word Count: 3.0 K

"To the guys that date my girls
Let's get one thing straight
When you pick 'em up, show up early
When you bring 'em home, don't be late
Mind your manners 'round their mama, boy,
Yeah, for what it's worth
If you wanna get to their heart, you'll have to get to hers"
- "To The Guys That Date My Girls", Thomas Rhett

I shake my head. "You know that's what everyone's always said about me, that hockey's my life?" I laugh. "That was true. You know when that changed?" She shakes her head. "When I met your mom. And even more when we had you. You and your mom, mean so much more to me than hockey. And he's gonna find that thing one day that will mean more to him, too. I wish it was you, but it isn't. And until he finds that thing. . . he'll have to feel what it's like when someone tries to hurt or take away that thing that he loves most." I tell her simply.

Ella's eyes tear up. "Daddy. . ."

I smile softly. "I love you, Princess, and I'll do whatever it takes to make sure you're happy. I don't want some stupid boy to take your happiness. Let me and your uncles handle this. He messed with the daughter of a legend." I tell her jokingly and she giggles. "Hey, it's not a joke. You're looking at the guy with the most assists in program history. That's no joke." I turn serious again. "And neither is what he did to you. I love you, okay?"

She nods and hugs me tightly. "Thanks, Daddy. I love you, too."

- - - - -

"If this was up to me, it wouldn't be happening."

"Yeah, me either," Nico mumbles from beside me. "Kleiner Bastard." He mumbles in German and I laugh, knowing exactly what he's saying. We both watch from the top of the stairs as Y/N hugs Will, the guy that Ella is going on a date with. "Fucking Mercer needs to keep his kid in line."

"Yeah, no kidding." I laugh humorlessly. In case you haven't figured it out, the kid taking my daughter out tonight is my teammate, Dawson Mercer's, son. I'm not even close to happy about it. Dawson should have known I wouldn't be okay with this if I had known before tonight. I'm even more pissed that I wasn't even told about the date until Will was at the door.

Y/N turns and sees Nico and me standing at the top of the stairs. "Jack, you and Nico come say hi to Will. You remember him, don't you?" She shoots us this scary smile that leaves no room for argument. Nico and I share a look before heading down the stairs, not meeting Y/N's eyes. I know I'm gonna be in trouble later for not answering her. My wife is scary when she wants to be.

I stop at the bottom, giving Will a no-nonsense look. "Little Mercer."

He blushes. The guys and I have always called him that because of how much he not only looks like Dawson, but acts like him, too. And he's just as amazing at hockey. Let's just see if he's smart enough to learn from his dad's mistake and not get my daughter pregnant young. Will's mom was eighteen when she had him, and she left Will with Dawson and never looked back. If he does that to Ellie. . . there will be hell to pay, I can promise that.

He holds out his hand for me to shake. "Mr. Hughes. It's, um, nice to see you again." He turns to face Nico, who's standing behind Ella like a bodyguard, arms crossed over his chest. "Mr. Hischier. Nice to see you, too."