Perfect Timing | Brendan Brisson

#24, Forward for the Henderson Silver Knights, Drafted to the Vegas Golden Knights (playing for Vegas at time of this imagine)
Word Count: 1.7 K

"Today was a fairytale
You were the prince
I used to be a damsel in distress
You took me by the hand and you picked me up at six
Today was a fairytale
I wore a dress
You wore a dark gray t-shirt
You told me I was pretty when I looked like a mess
Today was a fairytale"
- "Today Was a Fairytale", Taylor Swift

brendan:
you almost ready? I'll be there in five

Me:
Almost. Just have to put on shoes and grab my purse and I'll be good to go.

brendan:
k. see you in a minute

I grab my bag and make sure to close and lock the door behind me, taking a seat in one of the rocking chairs on my front porch. I've been living in Las Vegas for years, and one thing you rarely see is rocking chairs. But the Southern part of me loves that special part of my home and who I am. You can see it in the way I dress, too.

Dress:

Brenden pulls up and hurries out of the car, grinning widely

Brenden pulls up and hurries out of the car, grinning widely. "Hey, sweetheart."

I let him take my hand and follow him down the steps. He opens the car door for me and helps me into the car, closing the door behind me.

"So, what are we up to today, Briss?"

He shrugs. "Whatever you want to do. You look pretty, by the way."

I can't help the blush that heats my cheeks. Brendan has never called me pretty before, so it's surprising that he is today. Especially since I quickly braided my hair so it would be out of my face, meaning that I don't look the best. And I'm not wearing any makeup. But apparently he thinks I do look pretty, which makes me happy. Brendan's always been able to make me feel better about myself.

"Thanks. You look great, too." He's wearing jeans and a dark grey tee, and even the simple outfit makes him look amazing. Brendan looks amazing in anything, though.

"Thank you. So, I've made the decision that we need to go somewhere where I can show you off. I mean, I can't let you get all dressed up and not take you where everyone can see you."

I cover my blushing cheeks. "Brendaaaaan." I whine in embarrassment and he just chuckles.

"Sooooooo," he drags the word out dramatically, "how about we go on a gondola ride? I know how much you've always wanted to go to Italy, and this isn't exactly that, but it can be sort of a preview—"