You/Shinobu Kocho - Story

It felt like an eternity as you searched through the castle for the others

It felt like an eternity as you searched through the castle for the others. You tried to listen for someone's heartbeat but you were simply met by silence. The only change you could tell was the lowering temperature as you got further into the castle. Just as you began to reach the end of the hallway, you smelled blood. Knowing someone could be hurt, you rushed inside the room.

X

Shinobu struggled to breathe as the room got colder. It didn't help that she was bleeding out and that her lungs were punctured. She had hoped that things wouldn't end up coming to this but there wasn't anything else she could do. Her body couldn't handle much more.

"You must be in so much pain! I could make it go all away, Shinobu."

Douma was approaching from behind her but she didn't pay him any attention. She was busy reliving the past few years of her life. She had spent so much of her time preparing for this fight but the few moments were she spent them with you and the butterfly girls made her wish that she hadn't been so obsessed. She should've listened to Kanae but it was too late now.

"Stand up and fight, Insect Hashira."

Shinobu looked up to find Kanae staring down at her. She must be close to dying if she was having visions.

"I..I can't. I can't breathe anymore."

"Stand up. You said you were going to win. You promised me and Kanao." Kanae fell to her knees and let her head rest on Shinobu's. "You must win no matter what. You can do it. Just keep trying."

Shinobu clenched her eyes shut as she focused on controlling her breathing. It was painful but if she just push through the pain, she could do one last final attack.

"Thank you, sister."

She whispers as she slowly stands. When she opens her eyes, Kanae is gone.

"Ahh! You're actually standing!? Are you even human!? You must be in agony. Let me get rid of the pain."

Both of her hands held on to her sword as she turned around.

"Insect Breathing, Dance of the Centipede: Hundred Leg Below!"

Douma couldn't pinpoint where she was. With the way she was moving, it looked like she was attacking from all sides. He was even amazed of how she had managed to break the bridge from how fast she was moving. By the time he found her, it was too late. She attacked from below, stabbing him straight through the neck. The force of the attack managed to push him all the way to the ceiling. The poison began to spread, covering half of his face with purple. She genuinely smiled for the first time as she saw him cough up blood.

Her sword slips from his neck and she begins to fall to her death. She's able to breathe easier knowing that she kept her promise and saved hundreds of people from potentially being killed. Just as she's about to close her eyes, Douma's face starts to clear up.