You/Kanae Kocho - Switch(Angst)

AN: I apologize for two angst in a row! I just had this idea and couldn't get it out of my mind. 

Douma smiled widely when he saw the anger in your eyes when he was able to strike the woman with the butterflies in her hair. 

"Well isn't that sweet. The two of you seem to...." He's cut off as you grab you speed towards him to jab your sword in him. He laughs when he's able to easily dodge you. "Careful. You shouldn't do any rash decisi...."

He's again cut off this time by a sword going through his chest. He laughs when he turns around and sees the same woman who he had striked.

"(y/n), please! Go! You need to find help!"

In a blink of an eye, Douma pulled her sword out and began to direct his attacks at the girl. It pissed him off that he kept getting cut off. It also didn't help that the sun would rise soon and he needed to disappear. The two slayers before him were preventing him from leaving and he was getting desperate. 

"Listen to her, (y/n). You're weak. Instead of helping her, you're distracting her."

He was trying to get into your head. You might not be a Hashira but you were still an upper rank level slayer. You could stand your ground. The two of you were able to synchronize your attacks so that he never had a chance to strike either of you. This went on for a while until you began to get exhausted. Kanae seemed to be holding on well but you knew that weren't going to be able to last much longer. In a desperate attempt to create an opening, you used a form that help boost your strength and speed. 

"Ninth Form, Flames of Hell!"

Just as Kanae lands her last strike, you rush in close enough to finally slice his head off. 

"No!"

Everything happened so fast. Kanae had always been faster than you even after using your special form. You only blinked and she had tackled you to the ground to get you away from Douma. 

"I told you that you were a distraction!"

You didn't pay him any attention. You were focused on the fact that blood was spilling from Kanae's mouth as she looked at you.

"You...yo...." You could see the frustration in her eyes as she struggled to talk. Rather than finish she just smiled as she reached to cup your cheek. "Safe."

"No! Stop! Stop talking!" You moved to lay her down on her back but stopped when she let out a cry of pain. Cupping her cheeks, you helped her look up at you. "It's going to be okay. You're going to be okay, Kanae."

You again attempted to move her but she shook her head. 

"N..no. Stay." 

You wanted to run for help. You didn't want to lose her. You had gotten engaged. You were going to marry soon. 

"Kanae, please!" You could barely see from your tears. You didn't want this to be the end. "Stay with me!"

She did her best to wipe your tears but they kept spilling. 

"Not y....you fa..fault."

Her breathing began to slow down. You began to panic even more as you realized how close it was getting to her last breath. 

"Why! Why did you do it?! They'll get here! Please just hold on!"

"Lov...you."

"If you really love me, you need to hold on! They won't be long! I can't lose you! I love you too much!"

Her smile slowly fell as her heart stopped beating. You broke down as you held her lifeless body in your arms. 

"KANAE!"