You/Kanae Kocho - Introductions

Kanae smiled brightly at the boy who had just asked her to marry him

Kanae smiled brightly at the boy who had just asked her to marry him. She found it amusing that the kid had actually proposed.

"You seem like a lovely person but I'm married. I'm sure you'll find someone more suitable."

His shoulders slumped as he looked down.

"B..but you're so pretty. I want to marry you."

She pat his head and gently pushed him to lay back down on the bed. The kid was still injured and the last thing she needed was for Shinobu to get mad at her for disturbing her patients.

"You're so silly. I told you that I'm married. Now get back on the bed. I'm sure it won't take long for the medicine to take effect."

Thankfully, the other two boys who he came with encouraged him to lay back down. Once he was in his bed, Kanae checked on the others and then headed out of their room.

X

"Any problems?"

Shinobu asks when Kanae walks into her office.

"Nope! They're doing well. Anything else you need?"

Kanae answered a little to quickly. Shinobu raised her brow at her. Kanae was acting suspicious.

"Not at the moment. Are you sure that there wasn't any problems."

"No problems! I should get going. (y/n) is waiting for me. I'll see you for dinner!"

Kanae takes off before Shinobu could question her further. She knew how protective her younger sister could be so she decided to remain quiet about it. She figured that it was a one time thing and no harm would come to anyone if she didn't say anything.

X

"You really don't have to come with me! I can do this. You're probably busy with other things."

With the way that Kanae has been acting, Shinobu wanted to get to the bottom of what was happening. She knew it had to do with the boys that she had just taken in but she couldn't figure out what was going on.

"They're my patients, Kanae. I need to check on them too. It'll be quick."

Kanae prays for a divine being that Zenitsu is sleeping. Unfortunately, luck is not on her side when they walk inside.

"My future wife! Are you here to accept my proposal?!"

"Zenitsu! Nezuko will be hearing about this"

Zenitsu immediately turns to Tanjiro and starts begging for him not to tell. The two of them argue amongst each other, completely ignoring the two sisters.

"What did he mean by proposal, sister?"

Kanae gives Shinobu a sheepish smile while rubbing the back of her head.

"It's a joke. He's not really proposing to me. He's like half my age. We just like to joke like that"

Seeing the throbbing vein in Shinobu's forehead made Kanae realize Shinobu was pissed. She might be smiling but it was obviously just for show. Shinobu had always been good at hiding her true emotions to others.

"Joke like that? Don't you find it a little disrespectful that he's proposing to you despite you being married. What has (y/n) said about this?" Shinobu narrowed her eyes at her sister when she couldn't even look at her. She makes her way to Zenitsu and sits down to inspect the bandages. "So tell me more about this joke, Zenitsu."

"W..well..."

He cries out as Shinobu pours the disinfectant on his wounds rather than gently dabbing it.

"You were saying?"

"I mea..."

Again, he cries out as Shinobu wraps the bandage tightly. She continues to ask him more questions but he doesn't bother to answer them. At this points, he knew they were just rhetorical. She finishes up and takes his hand with both of hers.

"Kanae is a married woman. Please stop proposing." He quickly nods when her grip starts to tighten. Just as he begins to whimper from the pain of her grip, Kanae pulls her back. "Apologies! I just get so protective of my sister."

When the wounds of the three boys were clean and rebandaged, the two sisters headed out.

"Did you have to hurt him like that?"

"He's fine. I don't see why you're protecting him. He was harassing you."

"I know but..."

"But nothing. I will not allow for my patients to harass any of my staff, much less my family. If it happens again, I'll tell (y/n)."

"Okay, okay. I get it."

Sometimes Kanae would forget she was the older sister. Shinobu was very overprotective of everyone in the butterfly estate.

X

"Shinobu, have you seen Kanae?"

Shinobu could pretend she didn't know where Kanae was to avoid further conflict but she knew that it was time for intervene. If Zenitsu hadn't listened to her warnings, he would surely listen to you.

"She's in our patient room attending to our new patients."

"Oh. I'll just wait until she's..."

"No!" Shinobu interrupts. She needed you to walk in on Zenitsu proposing. "I mean.." She clear her throat before continuing. "Why don't you go help her? The two of you will finish quicker and then you can head out for your date."

"You're right. I'll go find her then. Thanks again."

She nods and watches you head out. Tempted to see what would happen, she secretly followed after you.

X

"I'm really flattered but I'm already married, Zenitsu."

"Please! You're just so pretty! I could be the best husband there ever is. Just give me a chance." You might've been down the hall but you heard everything. Without making noise, you joined your wife at her side. Zenitsu screams when you suddenly appear out of nowhere. "A...are you a ghost?!"

Kanae covers her mouth to stifle her laugh. She coughed to cover up her amusement.

"This is my wife, Zenitsu. The one I've been telling you about since the beginning."

You watch as he turns pale. You didn't have to say anything for him to scream and run out of the room while screaming apologies. Tanjiro and Inosuke followed after him. You turned to Kanae, raising a brow at her.

"He's been asking me to marry him. He never listened about you being my wife. I think you scared him enough that he'll stop."

"Good. He shouldn't be harassing you in the first place. Why didn't you tell me?"

Kanae leaned in to kiss your cheek and took your hand to lead you out of the room.

"You could be quite scary without trying. I just wanted to spare him the scare."

"Hmm. As long as he doesn't do it again, we won't have any problems."

X

Zenitsu couldn't even look at Kanae after you showed yourself. As soon as he was given a clean bill of health, he took the first mission to get out of the estate.