You/Shinobu Kocho - Pictures

Modern AU

Hearing her notification go off, Shinobu decide to take a small break to check her phone. She smiles when she sees text with a picture attached. She's fully expecting a picture of you or something related but ends up opening it to find a picture of a cat inside a fridge. 

She expects for you to send an explanation but it never arrives. 

'Babe, why did you send me a picture of a cat?'

You immediately send a message within seconds, almost like you were already ready with an explanation. 

'I was hoping you could stop by the grocery store and get me the salsa in the back. Please.'

'Of course. I'll stop by when I head back.'

Shinobu doesn't bother to ask about the cat, thinking you hadn't just bothered to crop the picture. 

X

Shinobu was close to falling when you suddenly shove your phone at her face. She squints her eyes, trying to adjust to the bright light. 

"Look! Don't you think this is such a cute blanket? We should definitely get it."

The light is tolerable now so she could spot a blanket covering a cat. 

"This one?"

She asks while looking up at you. You nod, giving her a smile. 

"Yeah! What do you think? Is it cute or not?"

"It's fine. You should get it if you like it."

 "Yay! Thanks babe."

X

The two of you were sitting across each other, shopping for new furniture for the apartment that you had just rented. 

"What about these chairs? I think these will match our theme."

Shinobu looks up when you turn around your laptop. She can't help but roll her eyes when she spots yet another cat in the picture. Something was definitely up but she couldn't tell what your end goal was. 

"They're fine. If we can't find something else then we should get them."

You nod and turn your laptop to face you again. Shinobu eyes you suspiciously for a quick second but then continues on her search. 

X

After getting and seeing tons of cats on your pictures that were irrelevant to the subject, Shinobu turned ignored them. When she received a picture of a cat with a tiny mug in the corner, she assumed you were talking about it. 

'It's cute. You should get it.'

'Really?! Are you sure? It's a little expensive.'

'Yeah. You like it so the price doesn't matter. Use my card if you want.'

'Ahh. You're the best! Thank you so much!'

X

"What is that?!"

Shinobu stares at the creature laying on the couch as if it owned it. 

"Oh! (cat's name)? He's the kitten that I showed you. Aren't they cute?"

You make your way over to carry the cat to bring them closer to Shinobu. As you bring it closer, Shinobu takes several steps back away from it. 

"Get that thing away from me! What is it doing here? I thought we agreed that we would discuss having pets we bought one."

You pouted at her, trying your best to give her your puppy dog eyes. 

"But you said that I could get him. You even said that I could use your card."

"I thought you meant the mug!"

"Oops."

You try to look like you feel bad but Shinobu saw right through you. She sighs while looking at the cat in your arms. 

"We're both too busy to take care of a kitten, (y/n). I don't think it's fair for him to be alone the majority of the day while he's still so little." She quickly rushes to assure you when she sees you getting upset. "But maybe when we've gotten settled. We just moved in together and everything is all new."

You press a kiss to her cheek and place the kitten on the makeshift cage that you had made. 

"I'm looking forward to it! It's a good thing that Mitsuri just wanted us to babysit for a couple of days. She'll pick him up by the end of the week."

"Wait but you...."

You laugh when you see the confused expression on her face. 

"I was only messing with you, Shinobu. I know that you're not a big fan of furry things. I just thought it would be nice to have one for a couple of days. I'm sorry for being sneaky and not asking you if it was okay if we could take care of Mitsuri's cat."

Shinobu lets out a sigh as she shakes her head. 

"It would've been nice to get a heads up but at least we're not cat moms."

X

A couple of weeks, you brought up the conversation of owning a cat but it didn't work out. In the end, you decided to get a goldfish. While it wasn't a cat or dog, it was still something that you and Shinobu had gotten together.

-----------

This is the list of prompts that I will be doing

Feel free to request a prompt on my 'Request Page.' If I didn't reply to your prompt request, send me a message with your prompt.

Shinobu K.. - Part 2

-----------

Thank you!