Shinobu Kocho - Safe

AN: Not fxf

As soon as you were out the door, you ran as fast as you could

As soon as you were out the door, you ran as fast as you could. You've never been the fastest runner but you could put some distance between you and your father after you had tripped him.

You continue to run despite your lungs burning. You ran without looking back. After some time, you eventually stopped a took a short break to catch your breath. You were exhausted but you couldn't stop. You had run all over the place but your father had a habit of always finding you. You couldn't let him catch you.

Once you're able to breathe properly and your lungs weren't on fire, you continued to run. It was hard to see what was ahead of you from the lack of moonlight. You could barely see what was ahead of you so you weren't able to spot the demon who was waiting for you ahead.

By the time you realize something is ahead, the demon had spotted you. You tried to outrun them but they caught up to you. They knocked you over and got on top of you to keep you from running.

"That was fun. Maybe we should play again some time."

You used all your force to get them off of you but they wouldn't budge. They simply laughed as they watched you struggle.

You screamed for help but there was no one nearby. You had left the village a while ago. You had escaped your father, only to end up running into a demon. It almost felt like a sign to you that your time was up.

"HEEELP!"

"Scream all you want. No one is going to hear you...." The demon started to cough. He let you go as he started walking away from you. "Wh...a...di...yo...do?"

They held his throat as they struggled to breathe.

Out of nowhere, a woman that looked much like a butterfly came flying down from one of the trees. She was smiling at the demon but it wasn't friendly.

"Don't you know that it's not nice to pick on people smaller than you."

The demon looked like it was trying to say anything but nothing was coming out of his mouth. He eventually fell over as he started to turn into ash. The woman ignored his struggling and made her way to you. She kneeled beside you and began to check your injuries.

"That looks painful." You could see her eyes linger on the new and old bruises surrounding your body. She thankfully didn't say anything and focused on the opened wounds that you had received from the attack. "Let me take care of your wounds." She pulled out a small med kit and began to carefully clean each of your wounds. She dressed them with bandages and took a seat beside you when she was done. "Can you walk?"

She asks after a while of the two of you sitting in silence.

You simply nod and began to stand up, only to nearly trip from the pain on your ankle. The woman catches you before you hit the ground.