Chapter 19

The people that were chosen for our risky decent had gotten ready and began to head out as low key as possible, drawing minimal attention to ourselves.
When we got outside the gates it was time to ride off into the forest, find food and get back as quickly as possible.
"Levi!" I shouted looking to the side. "We have to go west now!" I shouted.
"No. In a few meters we go west."
"No seriously. There are titans further down, we have to turn west now!"
I turned to look at Tomaki when I caught a glimpse of a Titan, running towards us.
"Titan coming in three o'clock we have to turn west now!" I shouted. Levi ignored me so I stopped my horse and rode towards the Titan, confident I could take it out, until four more appeared next to it. The horse reared up and knocked me off the back. I stood up and attempted to calm it down, and when it had calmed down, I sent it off alone. I can't have the horse dying with me. I then climbed up into a tree and hid. I didn't want to move. I didn't even want to breathe, but when I looked the Titan that ran past was human, you could tell because it looked straight at me and ran towards the four titans.
"Eren!" I shouted. I went to go to him but my foot was caught in something within the tree. I tried to pull it out to help eren but the he got too carried away and pushed a Titan straight into the tree and began causing it to start to tip over.
"No!" I screamed as I tried to free myself. Just as the tree fell, I was ripped out. I looked up to see Armin holding me.
"What the hell are you two doing here?" I asked.
"Helping. Mikasa is with Levi!"
"How did you get the king to allow you to come?"
"We told him you'd need help from a titan." He smiled and zoomed off so I followed him.
"Tomaki!" I screamed as he lay on the ground. He stood up and dusted himself off.
"I'm fine." He said wobbling.
"Shit. Your head is bleeding." I said holding him.
"Armin!" I shouted.
He turned around. "We gotta get him out of here. Call the mission off!" I shouted.
"No we need food!"
"We're all going to die."
"Naomi!" Armin shouted I looked up and a Titan was just about to stand on us so I shot my gear high up into a tree, pulling myself up, well, me and Tomaki as I was still holding him. He stood up and then wobbled off the tree. I shot my gear around his legs.
"I'll pull you up!" I shouted. I leant back and fell off the tree, I was just hanging off the branch. He was on one side and I was on the other side.
"Tomaki. Are you okay?" I shouted.
"Lily, is that you?"
"Yeah!" I shouted smiling.
"Is that a Titan?" He asked. I looked and a Titan was running towards us.
"Yes!" I screamed. I grabbed my knife and began to cut at the gear. It snapped so we both fell on to the ground. I grabbed him and dragged him towards a horse. I took my gear off and swapped it for his.
"Ride back to he gate and don't turn back, I'll be fine, just get yourself to safety." I said nodding.
"Okay." He smiled and rode off, well when I say rode off, he only rode away a bit before a Titan appeared in front of him. "No!" I screamed shooting my gear off towards him but it didn't work, the gear was faulty. I looked up as the Titan grabbed him off the horse.
"No! Please no!" I screamed. I ran at the Titan and stabbed it in the foot over and over again and with one swift movement kicked me away. I hit into a tree and sat there as he brought Tomaki to his mouth.
"No! Help!" I screamed.
"Lily!" His blood curdling screams caused the hairs on my arm to stand in end. "Don't let him eat me lily!"
I really wanted to do something, but It was too late. I was covered in blood, his blood, it just continued to rain down on me. I sat in shock as something hit me. It was his arm.
"No." I said looking up. "No no no no no." I hugged his arm and began crying. "There's nothing I could have done." I looked up as the Titan clocked me. I didn't move, I was either in shock or in too much pain to move, whatever it was, stopped me from moving. He reached down and went to grab me but it was pushed to the ground. I looked up and Eren was there in Titan form. I held the arm and continued to sit there, in shock. Eren began howling and that's when mikasa appeared.
"Eren!" She shouted helping him, thinking that's why he was howling.
I stood up, holding the arm and walked off. A Titan grabbed me, but I didn't do anything. I just didn't move.
He didn't do anything though. He just held me, he was a human and i got the feeling i knew him, but who else could have been a shifter? Come on, theres tons of them now! I looked around and saw smoke coming from the ground.
"Who are you?" I asked confused. He walked back to the wall and put me down at the gate. He tapped my head with his finger and ran away.
"Who are you?" I shouted, but the Titan was gone. I looked down at the arm and dropped to my knees. "I should have helped." I hugged his arm before putting it down and Wolf whistling to get a horses attention. It galloped over so I jumped on, drenched in tomakis blood. Armin lay on the ground unconcious. I jumped off the horse and grabbed his gear. I took my jacket and Cape off so I was in a white blood soaked shirt and trousers. I put them over him to keep him warm and put his gear on, leaving the broken one on the ground.
"Naomi?" He asked sitting up.
I looked at him as he looked and me wide eyed.
"Not my blood." I said as I shot off. I shot myself into into a tree and saw the Titan Eren was fighting. I shot myself on to his back and slit the back of his neck. I stabbed both blades into the titans back as it fell forward. As it hit the ground I pulled the blades out and jumped off him. I then looked at mikasa who was stood in a tree confused. I looked up and shot off towards where I left Armin. He and the horse were gone.
"Fuck!" I shouted.
That's when I heard it. The terrifying cry for help. This mission was a disaster, we were all going to die.