Chapter 10

I was led into a room where the other squad captains were.
"Captain Jo." Levi said nodding his head.
"What's this about?" I asked approaching a table they had lay out. They had little figurines representing which squads were where and how they would approach the herd of titans gathering at the side of the wall.
"This is your squad." Levi said pointing out the figurine Which supposedly represented my team.
"I thought we were the back up squad?" I asked.
"You are"
"Then why are we coming in dead on. We should come in from the side." I said moving the figurine.
The other captains nodded in agreement. They all seemed to agree which annoyed Levi.
"You think your close bond to the king gives you the permission to deface my plan of action." I was speechless. Levi was really mad. "You think I can't see through the hair cut Nay'. I know it's you. Do as I say, it's safer for you and your squad."
"But coming in from the side makes more sense." I looked at him an it seemed as though he thought I was right.
"That would make sense. Okay fine" he said. He left the figurines to where I moved them and sighed.
"Levi. When are we leaving?" I asked.
"We shall talk to our individual squad and then we all meet at the gate in ten minutes to head out." He said. He walked over to me and grabbed my arm dragging me away.
"Look. You are in charge of a bunch of different lives now. This isn't even funny. If you mess up you could kill your entire squad."
"I'm sorry about what happened to Petra by the way." I pulled my arm away. "But it won't happen with my squad." I said pulling back my arm and storming off. I walked to my squad.
Armin, Sasha and Connie. We weren't a big squad but we were used for backup, hence the name.
"We shall come in from the side. We wait for a purple signal." I said holding the gun. "If you are in danger you shoot the red one. If you or someone you can visibly see alive, is injured, use the blue signal. If you are in need of assistance use blue, okay? any questions"
"Is all we do sit back and watch waiting for someone to get hurt or die so we can come in and help."
"Not necessarily. we will kill the titans coming from behind us, at the side. We keep them away from the main squads, The elite squad and then the defence squad." the three groaned.
"Mind if I burst in?" Jean said walking in.
"Sure. Come in" I said sighing. He walked over and hugged me.
"Just calm down. Breathe okay?" He moved away. "Soon enough i'll be here."
"You two know each other?" Connie asked sounding confused.
I moved away an giggled awkwardly.
"Yes." He said proudly. "We were once together"
"No we weren't" I sighed smiling.
"Were moving out!" Someone shouted. I looked at my nervous team. I waved my head towards the door and my team all walked out.

We had gone out of the gates on out horses and were waiting for titans to appear.
"Right guys. Is everybody ready?" I shouted. They nodded nervously. "We come out here as a team and we leave here as a team. We leave no one, understood?"
They all nodded so I nodded. When all of a sudden an abnormal began crawling our way.
"What the fuck." I said quietly. "Armin. Shoot the red cartridge right now!" I shouted as the abnormal made it's way closer. "Now!" I shouted. That's when he shot it into the air. I nervously told my squad to go. But they didn't.
"No! We came here as a team we leave here as one!" Armin shouted.
"Making me eat my own words...I like it" I said nervously. Using my gear I grappled to the wall and the Titan was distracted by me which have my squad some time to put their distraction in place so I could kill the Titan. But it failed and he pulled at my strings, breaking half of my gear. He picked me up by my other half and held me over his mouth. I tried to get myself free but I couldn't so as I was nearing my death, I grabbed the gun and shot the red cartridge into the titans eye. He let me go but my gear didn't work so I was bound to die, but Armin of all people swooped in and caught me mid air.
"Thanks armin" I said smiling.
He put me down and nodded. "What do we do now captain?" He asked.
"We run!" I shouted as the Titan began to approach us again. They zoomed off with their gear so I jumped on a horse, but as soon as the Titan caught up, he batted the horse away like a fly, sending me crashing into the wall, grazing nearly every part of my skin. I grabbed the gun and just began shooting all sorts of colours into the sky just hoping for the best.