10. As It Was

Well...Harry Styles has just released 'As It Was' and because of that I wanted to share my joy with you all by sharing this chapter lol

"Holdin' me back
Gravity's holdin' me back
I want you to hold out the palm of your hand
Why don't we leave it at that?
Nothin' to say
And everything gets in the way
Seems you cannot be replaced
And I'm the one who will stay"

"You've seem to have outdone yourself on insults, Granger."

What was he doing here? She didn't mind crying her heart out in front of people until the second she faced him. Seeing him was like a bucket of cold water pouring down her head and it made her more aware of her surroundings, immediately looking around to see a bunch of people looking at her with pity in their eyes. A second later she felt her stomach clench. The incredulous look on his face reminded her how she looked and she cleaned up her makeup, at least she tried. Everyone could have a bad night, but not everyone who was watching her was a cold hearted Malfoy.

She looked ahead, avoiding his gaze completely. "What do you want?" Her voice was restrained and she tried all her best not to sound weaker than she already felt.

"I don't want anything from you," he raised his chin up, "I'm just a curious observer."

"Well, observe someone else then!" She shot him a dirty look.

Draco scratched his jaw. "I could yeah, definitely, but I don't think anyone could top this," he pointed his finger at her. "What's the deal? Did Krum realise what a terrible mistake he has done and left you?"He seemed excited at this idea, delighted even. It wasn't surprising, of course, he was someone who wished her to be gone for good. It would be a lie if she said she didn't feel the same towards him, but she wouldn't bring his date into question.

"Viktor and I are perfectly fine, now leave me alone!" It wasn't hard to sound harsh since he was getting on her nerves already, but it didn't work in her favour.

"Oh, my bad..." A fake, concerned look overtook his face in an instant. "So, I'm assuming this shape you're in is the reason why those two morons ran off in a hurry?" He walked up to the wall and leaned on it.

He had seen Harry and Ron... Why he had to be there at that exact moment? Why wouldn't he just go somewhere else? His dormitories were not even up there. "Piss off."

"Right on!" he shook his head, laughing proudly as if he won the lottery, "Go on then, which one was it? I'm interested to hear what happened," he folded his arms, ready to listen. His demeanour resembled her of a psychiatrist, if only he was capable of such empathy. She decided not to answer and give him the pleasure of getting on her nerves.

He had seen Ron and Harry running off, she wondered what they were saying on the way to the dormitory and how much of it did Malfoy hear? She knew she had been a bit too harsh with Harry by yelling at him for no reason. At the same time, she was at ease knowing that he would forgive her; he had seen how much Ron had bothered her all evening, or so she hoped. What she did was not acceptable but he was her best friend and best friends would understand each other. Still, she couldn't understand why Ron would make such a big deal out of her date. If he wanted to go to the ball with her, he should've asked her from the beginning. He even had the courage to ask Fleur DeLacour to the ball for Godric's sake, how hard it must be to ask one of his closest friends?

Draco shifted in his place, feeling uncomfortable leaning on the wall and decided to sit on his side of the step, thinking it would take some time for her to spill things out. They were quite away from each other, but the second he sat down, the group by the door started whispering and quietly laughing. He immediately realised he had put himself in the same position as her in the eyes of others and sprung to his feet. "Hey!"