Chapter 7

Early in the morning, after he dropped off his kids, Naruto headed to a local coffee shop. He'd been doing it since he was Kakashi's assistant, he'd spend some time sitting in a booth and drinking his coffee, and after would order some for his friends.

He carried a bag full of Cherry tomatoes from his garden for Ino. Naruto walked up to the register and ordered his food. Apart from getting coffee, Naruto also got a piece of Chocolate cake. He wished he could be eating ramen, but if he did, Ino would sniff him out and would wack him.

As Naruto sat at a table with his food, he scrolled through his phone. He still kept in contact with Hinata. She's been traveling the world trying to find out who she is and who she wants to be. He's fine with it, he wants Hinata to be happy. Tho, they haven't really talked in a few weeks or so.

"I wouldn't have expected to you here." A voice said. Naruto turned to the direction it came from and found a unpleasant surprise, it was Sasuke's voice.

"What do you want?"

"Could I sit with you?"

"I guess?"

Sasuke sat across from Naruto and placed his order down in the table.

"I've got a question," Naruto said, as he leaned his elbows on the table.

"I'm all ears," Sasuke put his phone down. 

"Why'd you sit with me? You've got a problem or something?"

"Tsk, dumbass, of course I don't. I've just been meaning to ask you something."

"Listen, I barely even realized who you were, and now your tryna be all buddy buddy with me?"

"Naruto, can you ju-"

"I think you've got it wrong. My friends call me Naruto, My business partners call me Mr. Uzumaki. Got that?"

"Tch, why do you have to be so difficult?"

"Why do you have to be such an asshole? Both questions, we'll never get an answer to."

"Smart aren't you? Where's the dumbass I knew from school? Anyways, Mr. Uzumaki," Sasuke said with an eye roll. "I've been meaning to ask you, if you could spend a little time with me and my daughter."

Naruto spat out his coffee, but it didn't make a big mess. He grabbed a tissue and continued to wipe off the coffee that he spat on his shirt and some on his table. He had a brown button up Shirt on, luckily.

"I'm sorry what?"

"Ugh, don't make me repeat myself. It just makes the question feel even more weird."

"No seriously, what did you say?"

A sigh came from the Uchiha. He continued, "Could you spend some time with me and my daughter?"

Naruto laughed a little, then said, "Now, why would you want me to do that?"

"She's very fond of you, and my wife has been pleading me to warm up to her. Since I can't do that on my own, I'd though It would be better if a person she was okay being around, could help me. Since I don't really have many uh.. friends, I've decided that you're the closest person to that."

"First of all, you have a wife?! Second of all, it's such a shame to see that you can't do something like that. And third of all, find someone else, or do it yourself, because I'm not
Going to help you."

"What I meant is ex wife, we slit up years ago. Yes I know it's a shame, but at least I'm trying. And finally, please just do this one thing for me. Spend like a week with us, we've got a nice big house, a pool, a-"

"Sir, you do realize that I've got kids of my own right? I can't just live at your house while I abandon my children at home."

"Fine, how about we go on a small vacation? The kids are about to have a break from school. We could all go on a trip together."

"I'll think on it, I'll send you an email or something when i finally decide. But I've got to get going!" I got up from my seat, and slammed down a 10 and 5 dollar on the table as a tip, and left.

-*Time Skip*-

I stood next to a water dispenser, as I talked to my friends. The dispenser was in the perfect spot, so that I could be around all my friends and they could still stay near their cubicles.

"Hey Naruto, so what's the deal with that Uchiha guy? He's been around the office more frequently." Kiba said, as he sipped his coffee.

"I don't know, but believe it or not, he's Sasuke from school."

"No way! The one that Ino had a crush on?" Choji said as he turned his head to look at Ino.
She stopped eating her cherry tomatoes and looked up at everyone starring at her.

"Why'd you have to bring that up? It's in the past, and I'm now happily married."

"You guys ever notice how similar Sasuke and Sai are," Kiba said.

"Haha, guess Ino's got a type!" I laughed.

"Please, I feel like you'd be the one to get married to that guy," Ino said, as she pointed at me.

"What?! Are you crazy? I'm not a homosexual."

"Honestly, I'm gonna agree with Ino on this one. You seem to have always liked him in school. I mean, the only person you would ever talk about, is him." Kiba said, as he took another sip of his coffee.

"What? That's only because I resented him, not because I liked him. I'm not a homosexual!"

"Whatever boss, maybe some other day you'll realize you actually liked him. For now, we gotta get to work." Ino said, as she sat back down in her cubicle.

I scoffed and walked back to my office.

Damnit! What the hell makes them think I liked that bastard?!