Chapter Sixteen: Big, Romantic Gesture

"Cass," a voice says, shaking my shoulder. "Cass, you have to get up."

"Cass, come on," another voice says as a hand now shakes my calf. "You can't let Yoongi see you like this."

I open my eyes and look at them. Hoseok and Jungkook. Two of my favorite people on the planet.

"Cass, why?" Hobi asks me. "Why did you do it?"

"How did you..."

"Because I'm not stupid," Hobi says. "Because I know you. Because you were acting drunk or high and passed out, and when I touched your hip, you jumped away from my hand, even in your sleep, because it hurt so bad."

I stared at him for a moment, then at Jungkook. Tears started falling from my eyes. Now that I was awake and the effects of the pain pills had worn off, the tragic reality of what I had done was finally starting to hit me.

"I-I had to, H-H-Hobi," I told him as I started to sob. I was having a hard time getting the words out. "I-I l-l-love him. W-want him t-to be h-ha-ha-happy."

"He'd be happy with you, dummy," Hobi tells me. "He loves you, too."

I shook my head at him. "No. No he d-doesn't. He h-hates m-me. He r-r-re-rejected m-me."

"You know what, Cass?" Hobi says, rolling his eyes at him. "I love you like a sister, but you're fucking stupid."

"Hyung!" Jungkook yells at him. "Be nice! Can't you see that she's having some kind of mental breakdown?"

I pushed Jungkook away when he tried to hug me. "I'm not having a breakdown. I'm just...sad. My heart is broken into a million pieces."

"Of course you're sad and heartbroken! You got your fucking soulmate marking removed!" Hobi yelled at me, without actually yelling. "How could that not be sad? How could your heart not be broken over it? You basically had half of your soul removed! God. Stupid!"

Hoseok was mad. Like...really mad at me. So mad that he stood up and walked to the door to leave. He opened it, then closed it quickly and looked back at me.

"Go wash your face. Now," he said. "Get yourself together. Yoongi is coming, and he can't see you like this. He can't know what happened before we go on stage. It will fuck him up so badly that he won't be able to perform."

I jump up and go into the bathroom to get myself cleaned up. The walls are thin, and I can hear the conversation that Hobi and JK are having in the other room.

"Wouldn't he already know that it happened?" Jungkook asks. "I heard that it was really painful for both soulmates.

"You have to be fully bonded for the other one to feel it," Hobi explains to him. "And as far as I know, they haven't gotten that far yet."

So...because we never had sex, Yoongi doesn't know what I did. Good. That's...that's good.

I hear the door to the dressing room open and close, then I heard Yoongi's voice.

"Where's Cassi?" he asks the other two.

Jungkook is giggling at something when he answers. "Bathroom. Oh aren't you just the cutest?"

I heard a noise. A...was that a bark? Did Yoongi bring Holly? The dog barks again. There's no way that it's Holly. He's little and this bark sounds like it's from a much bigger dog.

Suddenly, the conversation that I had with my brother, before I got my mark removed this morning, comes back to me. Drew sent a package to Yoongi. He was worried about the package.

No fucking way.

I throw open the bathroom door and walk out into the dressing room. There, on the floor with Jungkook, is my baby.