Chapter 12

• Kenji •

Tears stung the brim of Ronin's eyes as I sat next to him on the sofa in his penthouse. Ro wasn't the type to wear his emotions out loud. "What you thinking?" I asked. "I want to kill this bitch bro." He replied coldly, "She killed my fucking baby, G!" He punched a whole into the wall in a split second. At first, I couldn't understand why Ro was so mad that some chick had aborted his alleged child— however, when Ro finally explained the whole situation, I did get a better understanding of where his anger was coming from.

Shit, I'd be enraged too 'cause someone killed my chances of becoming a father. Though Ro would never admit to it, he was somewhat of a lover boy. He treated all women with respect even when being overly friendly and flirtatious. "Look, Ro, I'm not telling you to brush this shit off 'cause I understand it's deep, but what's done is done. You gotta be a man about the shit now." I told him, still seated comfortably. He sucked his teeth.

"Be mad at yourself. You was still out here fucking other people and probably left her no choice." He sometimes needed a reality check. "I know you ain't talking." Ro mugged from the corner of his eye. A chuckled escaped my mouth, "I know I'm not one to talk but, you can't be doing you and then expect shorty to still want to work shit out."

He paused while shaking his head, "This coming from the same nigga that fucked Lyric's close friend?" He couldn't take being in the hot seat. "Me and you ain't cut the same, Ro. I'm straightforward, I let them know I'm only looking for sex. It's on them if they choose to catch feelings afterwards." My shoulders went up then down. I may have done a lot of fucked up shit back then— even-so, I'm learning from those mistakes and taking what my Moms' said into deep consideration. I don't see myself settling down and marrying no time soon; but I definitely don't want to keep sleeping around with different women to bury my own issues all while fulfilling my pleasures.

"You still want me to meet with that nigga you was telling me about?" I looked down at my phone screen briefly. "Most definitely." Ro replied, turning to open the refrigerator, "I can set some shit up if you cool with it." He grabbed us some bottles of Gatorade. "Do that and good lookin'." I took the bottle from his hand. "Bet." Ro then pulled out his phone before typing away at his screen. While I waited for him to handle business, scrolling through my instagram, I came across a recent post from a friendly face.

_chey

_chey.b: You deserve the finest 🤍

I double tapped her photo then closed out the app. By time I did that Ro was opening his mouth to speak, "He said he could come out here this weekend." I nodded, "Say less." I sat up straight on the sofa. "Ay, where you know that chick from that came up to me the other night?" I asked, there was a ton of curiosity in my voice. "Who, Nini?" Ro raised his eyebrows. "Yea, fool." I made a stupid face.