Chapter 17: Punishment Wunishment

A/N:

Hello all our lovely readers! Since Ashley is going to be busy this Friday, we decided to post the new chapter today instead. This chapter is the culmination of the biggest loose end in BB, and also the biggest reason for us to start Setting it Right, so we truly hope you like it!

Thank you for all the love that you have been giving us over the last few chapters, we are truly honoured! And do let us know your opinions about this one through your votes and comments! 

Love,

Ashley and Ayesha
ashley_m_1993

_______________

3rd December 1942, Courtyard, Roy Chaudhary Haveli

Bondita was quickly repacking the tray with the oil and the babies' belongings which were scattered in the courtyard after their daily sunbathing session.

"Kukudu kuuuu!!!"

The loud and definitely human-sounding crow startled her. Bondita whirled around, her gaze flying around the courtyard before her eyes landed on the door to the kothi. Her mouth fell open as she saw her once close friend and younger brother-in-law, walking towards her nervously.

ISS NE murghay ki awaz nikali??? And is he carrying a basket of EGGS? Ab kya naya gondogol karne waala hai yeh Batuk ka baccha?

Bondita carefully took a closer look at Batuk.  She too had been worried when Anirudh had shared his own worries about Batuk's strange mood swings and insomnia. However, Batuk clearly had caught some sleep last night. He looked much more rested, and definitely a lot less gloomy… but his sheepish expression didn't make much sense. Also, NOTHING could explain the eggs!

Suddenly realising that she had been staring at him with her mouth still hanging open, she hurriedly looked away. After taking a few moments to recover from the shock, she crossed her arms and followed his movements with narrowed eyes, waiting to see what he would do. 

He skidded to a stop a few feet away from her before starting to blabber.

"Woh… aaj poori tayyari ke saath aaya hun mien, loose pant pehni hai, tou phategi nahi… Pait… woh bhi ab beech mein nahi aayega… Unfortunately, ande abhi bhi nahi de sakta, tou isiliye saath laya hun…"

He placed the basket on the cot, and holding both his ears, squatted in the "murgha" position before crowing once again. 

"Kukudu kuuuu!"

Bondita's bewilderment increased as she stared at the Murgha in front of her, looking up at her with almost beseeching eyes.

Why does this Murga have Puppy eyes?

Containing her giggle at that very absurd thought, Bondita asked him,  "Kya… tum kya kar rahe hou Batuk? Kya kehna chahtay hou, kaisi tayyari…"

"Woh mere punishment… mere saza ki… miene unn 6 mahino mein jo bhi tumhare saath kiya… jo bhi karna chaha… sab… sab buht galat tha, it was wrong… rather, it was a sin, aur… aur jahan gunah hota hai wahan saza bhi hoti hai, tou, mien apni saza ke liye aaya hun tumhare paas…", Batuk blabbered again.

Bondita’s confusion gave way to annoyance as she recognised another of Batuk’s attempts at reconciliation.

Gadha, ullu, bewakoof! Pehle truce maanga, phir Thank yous ka jaap sunaya … ab seedha saza maangne aaya hai… Par Maafi kyun nahi maang raha bewakoof!

Struggling to keep her tone neutral and expression blank, Bondita asked him

"Aur tumhe lagta hai, iss sab se sab theek hou jaaega?"