Chapter 25.1- Four Steps to Your Heart

A/N:

Hello friends! First of all, extremely sorry for such a late update. First, it was Ramadan, then a crazy work routine, then Eid, then some more work, a new Korean show, a little bit of this, and a little bit of that all added up and delayed our write-up.

But we are very thankful to all of you who waited so patiently.

So, for you guys, we have written an extremely long (ass) chapter 😛

We will post it in two parts.

Consider it as a delayed Eid gift from us 😁

However, the chapter is very MATURE and the reader's discretion is STRONGLY ADVISED.

A fair warning, it's an 18+ chapter. So please, tread carefully 😛

Also, another fair warning! The mature scene is NOT between our Rudhi 😛

So those who were waiting for a scene between them, we apologize in advance.

But we hope that you will like what you read.

Please let us know your views through your comments and votes.

Love you all,

Ashley & Ayesha

--------------

29th July 1943, Roy Chaudhary Haveli, 10:00 pm

It was 10:00 pm. At this time Batuk would normally be on the phone with Mallika, but like last night, there would be no phone call coming.

Unlike yesterday, however, he knew why.

It was because she wasn't in Delhi. She was here, in Tulsipur, in the room right opposite his own.

He was sprawled on his bed, fiddling with the locket in his hands, as his inner voices were debating what exactly to do in the situation.

"Well, there is nothing to think about here, woh yahan hai, you want to speak to her, tou go speak to her." One voice declared.

"Is that wise?" His voice of reason asked. "I mean, just earlier today you almost lost control. Naah, wait for tomorrow, you can speak to her then. And for heaven's sake- Don't be alone with her!"

No matter how much he tried to focus on other things, Batuk found himself drifting to the moment they shared earlier that day in the playroom.

The moment when he realized just how close he was to her.

The moment when their eyes locked, and the world stopped.

He didn't know what he would have done if Rudhir had not realized that his Chachu was ignoring him and made his displeasure known. Very very loudly.

Just thinking about that moment made him feel warm all over.

"See?" His sane mind pointed out again. "You would have definitely gotten carried away. And who knows how Mallika would have reacted."

A small, hopeful voice from his heart interjected,

"Why would she have reacted badly? Miene feel kiya! She was caught up in the moment too!"

His voice of sanity and reason rejected the hopeful thought promptly,

"Was she? Mager phir usne unn hints pe kyun nahi react kiya. Na tumhare hints pe, na gharwalo ke teasing pe. Meri maano, don't go there. Tum usko intimidate kerouge."