Chapter 22: Trading Emotions for... Dust!

A/N: Hello everyone! One of the more awaited chapters is finally here since our beloved Kaka is finally back. Hope you enjoy this chapter. Please let us know your views through your votes and comments, they mean a lot to us.

Another thing, due to Ramadan and some increased workload for both of us, we may not be able to give updates every Friday. We are not going on a hiatus, but updates will be more spaced out, so do keep an eye on the notifications.

Love,

Ashley and Ayesha

---------

22nd January 1943, Roy Chaudhary Haveli

"Bahu!! Yeh kia ker rahy ho? Isey kyun de rahy ho apna baccha?"

The usual morning hustle-bustle was abruptly interrupted by a loud, booming voice from the doorway.

Bondita, who was running here and there while arranging breakfast for everyone, had taken a small break because Rudhir had started crying, as usual, for no apparent reason!

Batuk, who was waiting patiently for his breakfast, had immediately offered to babysit Rudhir while Bondita completed her work.

And as she was handing the protesting baby to his Chachu, the voice from the doorway stunned everyone in the hall.

Anirudh, who was just coming downstairs with Aaradhya, stopped mid-track as he saw the magnificent presence of his Kaka at the entrance of the haveli.

His heart leaped with happiness to see his Kaka after so long. But the scowl on his face as he glared at Bondita and Batuk instantly refreshed the bitter memories of all of Trilochan Roy Chaudhary's misdeeds with those two people... not so long ago.

Binoy, who was having his breakfast saw his brother too, and a wide smile bloomed on his handsome face as he instantly got up from his chair and exclaimed,

"Da... aap aagaye!"

The voice diverted Kaka's attention, as his stern gaze averted from the devar-boudi duo to his brother, and it instantly softened. A smile slowly crept to his lips, masking the scowl behind as he looked lovingly at his brother...

His brother...

His Binoy...

After so long...

His eyes glistened as he noticed the positive changes in Binoy.

Gone were his long, shabby hair and beard. He was sporting a mustache and immaculately cut hair and specs-the regulars of Binoy Roy Chaudhary before the 8 years that had changed him, and everything completely.

Wearing a simple suit, he had a napkin placed around his neck like a baby's bib.

His eyes looked clear, not glazed with the manic expression that had taken permanent residence in those orbs, diminishing all the sheer intellect that the man possessed.

While there were so many positive changes, Trilochan noticed blotches of food on the napkin-bib. A sigh escaped his mouth as he realized that his brother probably had difficulty eating properly without creating a mess. His smile wavered as he concluded that while his brother was back, he hadn't returned 100% yet.

Rushing to him, he cupped his brother's face lovingly while Binoy kept grinning happily. Trilochan pulled him in a tight hug and whispered,

"Binoy...mere bhai... dekho... hum aa gaye."

Then he looked at his face closely and noticed a couple of crumbs around his lips too.

The Binoy Roy Chaudhary from before, would not have let one tiny crumb of bread sit on his mouth like that, for even one second.