CHAPTER 6

★──────────★─────────★

''I am literally so sore.'' Amelia groaned as we walked around campus.

''let's hope that goes away because today is tumbling and learning routines.''

''Do we at least get to do basic stunts at all this week?'

''Yeah actually that's tomorrow, but it will probably only be halves and fulls.''

We were literally just wasting time. Both of us had asked our teachers to go to the bathroom and decided to meet up and just walk and talk.

''Let's hope I don't mess up the routine this time.'' I mumbled.

''Yeah, what happened yesterday? Did you like zone out and forgot counts or-?''

''This is gonna sound so stupid and youy're probably not gonna believe me.''

''What happened?''

''Christian distracted me.'' I blurted out. I looked at Amelia to see that she was trying not to laugh.

''Bye girl"

''It's not funny! He was just standing at the door watching me and my mind just went blank.''

''So what, do you like him or something?'' She asked me.

''I don't know. It's complicated.''

''It doesn't seem complicated to me. Y'all seem like you're in love with each other to be honest. We just don't say anything that aren't jokes because we don't know for sure-you guys never made anything official.'' We were getting close to our classes so we had to start wrapping up our conversation.

''I don't think he likes me like that.'' I told her. ''We've always had kind of a flirty friendship, but I don't think that it goes beyond that in his mind.''

''I don't know Cora.'' She told me ''I think he likes you.''

''Yeah?''

''Mhm. Okay I have to go to class now, I'll see you later.'' She reached out for a hug and I hugged her back.

''Okay bye.''

I walked quickly to my class and of course as soon as I opened the door, everyone turned to stare at me like they've never seen me before in life. As I walked by Christians desk, I ran my hand over his head which made him turn towards me . He grabbed my hand and bought it to his mouth and kissed the back of it.

''Where'd you go?'' He asked me.

''Just to the bathroom.''

''Cora, Principal Brown would like to see you.'' Mr. Copper announced. 

''Okay.'' 

''You're always leaving me.'' Christian whispered, still holding my hand.

''I know. I'm sorry Chris. I just have a lot to do. I promise you'll have my full undivided attention soon.''

—-

As soon as I walk into the principal's office, I see two familiar faces. ''Hi Apollo, Elias.'' I waved to the two.

''Hey Cora.'' They both said.

''You three know each other?'' Principal Brown asked us.

''Yeah of course.'' Elias responded. ''This one here is my little brother's best friend.'' 

Principal Brown gave him an understanding nod before turning to Apollo with a questioning look.

''Oh, we met the other day.'' Apollo said quickly.