CHAPTER 9

Don't forget to vote and comment!

★──────────★─────────★

''Dress casual, probably in some clothes that you don't care about.'' Elias told me as I picked out clothes to wear to the match.

''Why would I need to wear clothes that I don't care about?''

''You never know, things happen.'' Apollo shrugged.

They were taking me to one of Elias' matches. He was pretty known in the underground boxing industry, so of course someone is challenging him to a match as soon as he gets in town.

''What, like a fight or something?'' I asked the two.

''Well there's already gonna be a fight Christian, and I'm gonna win of course, but there may be other people who get mad over who wins or if people aren't given their money.'' Elias told me.

''That makes sense.''

I decided to dress in all black with some old black Vans that I rarely wear. As I started to head out of my room, my phone started to buzz.

Cora was calling me.

''Hello?'' I said as I answered the phone.

''Hi Chris.'' SHe replied sweetly.

''What's up?''

''Nothing, I just wanted to know if you wanted to spend the night at my house tonight? You know, since it's a Friday night and we don't have anything to do tomorrow.''

Damn. Tonight was not the night to ask that. I  wasn't sure what to say and I stayed quiet for a few moments thinking about what to say.

''Hello?'' She called nre out of my thoughts.

''Oh, yeah sorry. I can't hang out tonight, I'm going out with Apollo and Elias.''

''Oh, okay. Have fun then.'' She sounded disappointed.

I didn't like that.

''Well do you want to hang out tomorrow?'' I asked quickly.

''Really?'' She sounded happier. Good. ''You're not busy or anything right?'' She asked with a sarcastic tone.

''No Cora. If I was busy I wouldn't have asked you to hang out now would I?''

''I don't know. You're kinda dumb sometimes, you probably would.''

''Wow.''' I scoffed playfully. ''We dont need to hang out then I guess.''

''No, no! I was just kidding-promise.''

''Alright then, what do you want to do?'' I asked her.

''Can we swim at your house?''

''Yeah, that's fine.''

''Christian!'' I heard Apollo call from downstairs. ''C'mon we have to go or were gonna be late! The match is at nine thirty!''

''I'm coming right now!'' I canned back.

''Do you have to go?'' Cora asked me.

''Yeah, but we can talk about the details tomorrow,'' I assured her. ''-Or you can just come over.''

''Okay, I'll see you tomorrow Chris.''

''Okay, bye love. ''

''Bye.''