CHAPTER 22

★──────────★─────────★

''You seriously need to rest Chris.'' Cora said as we left the doctors office.

We were sitting in her car and she was getting ready to pull out of the parking lot. I could tell that she was worried about me.

''If you don't, then not playing may not be the only consequence. Something serious could really happen.' She leant over and ran her hands through my hair as she continued to talk.  Though, I wasn't really paying attention as I leant into her hand.

''Concussions themselves are super serious.''

I turned turned to her with a smirk, ''Aww, are you worried about me sweetheart?'' 

''No.'' She responded while holding her chin in the air. ''Forget what I said then.'' She turned towards the steering wheel and started the car.

''I was only kidding, love'' I told her.

''Yeah okay.'' She said as she rolled her eyes at me.

We both suddenly looked down to the middle console of her car when we heard her phone buzz.

''Can you see who that is for me?'' She asked as she put the car into gear and pulled out of the parking lot. 

I nodded before grabbing her phone. ''My brother is asking if you could bring me home right now so that we can go to training.'' I told her.

''Umm. No.'' she responded sternly. ''You're not supposed to be doing anything but resting Chris. In fact, call him.''

''Okay.''

The phone rang a few times before he answered.

''Hello?''

''Hey.'' Cora responded.

''What's up?''

''So, your brother has a concussion. The doctor said that he shouldn't be training right now. I was planning to bring him to my house, so that he could rest if that's okay.'' She told him.

Oh how I loved the should of her voice.

''I was actually planning to take him to training with me, he won't be doing anything of course, but I think our mom would want him with me for now.''

Her face fell a little before she answered him.

'You promise that he won't be doing anything?''

''Cora, I promise that your boyfriend will be fine.'' Elias told her.

''Do you promise?''

''I promise.''

'Fine. I'll bring him over right now.''

''I can't believe that you're dragging me to the ring right now.'' I groaned from the backseat as Elias drove. ''I really wanted to stay with Cora.''

The last thing I wanted to do was go to training. I would much rather be laying down in bed with my girlfriend, not go to some loud gym and have my head hurt even more than it does.

''Awww.'' Elias whined sarcastically. ''Too bad. Theodore Andrews is supposed to be at the ring today, and you're supposed to fight him in a few weeks, so you need to watch how he fights.''

''Why do I have to watch him?'' I asked him, ''Can't you do it?'' He could easily watch him or record him and send it to me. It's not like I would be able to retain anything from watching him with a concussion.

All Elias responded with was ''He's your opponent not mine.''  

"Whatever." I mumbled.

"Well well well," Theodore said sarcastically  as we walked in. "Look who it is. You don't look too good." He laughed.

"Oh fuck off." I grumbled back, not being in the mood for him and his childishness.

I walked further into the building, pushing past Theodore before laying on a bench near the main ring.

I just wanted to sleep.

I wish I could've stayed at Cora's house.

''I hope the other guy looks worse than him at least.'' Theodore whispered to his friends.

''Much worse.'' Elias replied loudly, letting him know that his comment was heard. ''Don't worry though, you'll look the same after your match at the end of the month.''

''Yeah about that...We're going to have to postpone that.'' Theodore said plainly.

''Why? Are you afraid you're going to lose?''' Elias taunted, ''Need more time to train?''

''No. Actually quite the opposite. I'm going on a trip to new york.'' he grinned as he went to put his gloves on.

New york?

Like with Cora New york?

''For what?'' I asked lazily.

"Well it's not any of your business but I'm going on a business trip.'' He said smugly.

''What business do you have? I wasn't aware that you did anything but lose all of your boxing matches.'' I laughed.

''I'm going to ignore that, and save it for when I beat you in the ring'' Theo said, his eyes narrowing, ''And I actually am on my way to get into law and politics, so I'm going on a as trip with Mr. Monroe and his company.'' He smiled proudly.

With Cora's dad?

He's the other person he's taking? There's no way that Theodore is going to go with Cora. I don't want him around her, and especially not for a week in New York.

''Hey, isn't he taking his daughter too?'' One of his friends asked him, nudging him on the shoulder.

''Yeah he is.'' Theo smiled, ''I heard she's pretty hot.'' He laughed as he clapped hands with the boy behind him.

Of course it was the day that I had a concussion where I needed to beat the life out of someone.

How dare he talk about Cora that way?

I got up and got Elias' keys before heading out of the building.

''I'm going to the car.'' I mumbled as I passed everyone.

I can't wait until this stupid concussion goes away.

★──────────★─────────★

Hi y'all, so I know it's been a while and I'm not fully back writing, but I'm trying to get back into it. I will try publish chapters when I have the time

-D