CHAPTER 20

★──────────★─────────★

My body was exhausted.

Training with Elias and Apollo the last few days was tough. I have a fight coming up, so I;m not surprised that they were pushing me so hard.

''How was your little visit with your girlfriend who's not your girlfriend yet?'' Apollo asked me jokingly as I got in the car.

''She's actually my girlfriend now.'' I told him with a smug smile.

''Oh really now?'' Elias joined in the conversation. 'Took you guys long enough.''

''Shut up.'' I responded, ''You guys wouldn't understand anyway. You're both single.''

''I'm almost not single.'' Apollo corrected me.

''Oh yeah.'' I laughed, ''I forgot about you and Mel.'' I narrowed my eyes at him before saying, ''But I mean you haven't known each other long. Nothings gonna happen anytime soon.''

''You don't know that.''

I just rolled my eyes at him. "Mhmm"

"Anyways," Elias interrupted. "Are you ready for the match tomorrow night? It's going to be a tough one."

"I think so." I told him. "I definitely feel like I've gotten better recently."

"You definitely have." Elias told me, "I can see the difference."

Good. That means hopefully soon I won't have to keep all of this boxing stuff from Cora anymore.

Cara.

Her internship. The one where she's going to be across the country for two weeks.

It's not that I don't want her to go because I definitely do. It's a great opportunity to have and if I had something like that then I would hope that she would want me to go too, but something in the back of my mind is telling me that I should tell her to stay.

It may just be the fact that I love her so much and I don't want her to be so far for so long, but I mean any guy wouldn't want to be away from their girlfriend for that long right?

"What are you thiinking about back there?" Elias asked me while looking in his rear view mirror at me.

"Well Cora told me that her dad offered her an internship at one of his law firms and she was asking me if she should go."

"You said yes right?" Apollo asked me.

"Of course I did."

"But?"

"I don't really want her to go." I admitted.

"Why? Isn't she going to be close? Her father has a place in this city doesn't he?" Apollo asked me.

"Yes, but she's going to the one in New York. Across the country."

"Ohh. Now I see why you don't want her to go." Apollo smiled.

"Yeah-"

"You're scared that she'll find another boyfriend."

What?

I actually wasn't about that but I guess now I am.

What if she does find another boy she likes?

No. She wouldn't. I'm her favorite and no one can replace me.

"That's not going to happen." I told them. "She's my girlfriend."

"Cocky I see." Elias laughed.

"I'm being serious." I told him, " I just, I don't know, I don't want her to go."