CHAPTER 15

★──────────★─────────★

''I cannot wait for the game tonight. ''I told Amelia as we were getting ready at her house. ''This game should be interesting.''

''And super chaotic for you and Diana.'' She responded. ''But I'm super excited too.''

She was right. It should be super chaotic for me and Diana. We have to make sure everyone has their boxes and make sure everyone gets in their formation. We had taken out boxes during seventh period but there were people missing from practice, which means that the formation will probably need to be shifted. Luck for us though, we told everyone on the team to come early for the games.

There was only a varsity game this week, so we didn't have to worry about JV games yet.

''Do you think some people are mad about their spots?'' Amelia asked me.

''I'm sure there are some people who are mad about their spots, but people are where they are based on how determined they've been and if they've been earning the cheers that they were supposed to.'' I told her. ''If they want to be in the front then they need to do better. It's as easy as that.''

There were definitely people who didn't deserve to be in the front of the lines because of the way they were acting. There are always those people on the team who stop trying after they see their name on the cheer list. They stop trying as soon as they get their uniforms and think the captains don't notice because they blend in with their teammates, but that isn't the case at all. The captains notice everything, and that's how we make formations.

"Yeah that makes sense." Amrlia responded.

I checked the time on my phone and noticed that it was almost time for us to leave. "We should get going Mel." I told her. "Don't wanna be late."

"Okay."

I sent a quick text to Christian as we walked out of the door because I wouldn't be able to see him before the game in time to say anything.

Good luck with the game today my love. I'm sure that you'll do amazing. I'll be cheering for you! <3

''Okay everyone, make sure you stand on the box that you put your name on earlier and not someone else's!'' Diana yelled to the group as we put our stuff inside our boxes.

''If you've been on squad before then come here.'' I yelled. ''I need like six of you to go grab and set up run-through for me.'' I told them.

Run-through is a cloth banner with our schools logo on it that velcros together, so that it can be reused after the football team runs through it. Run-through is normally set up towards the end of the field and is held up with two half stints on either side of it.

''Whoever wants to go can go, but set it up quickly please.'' A few of the girls ran to go set it up.

''Hey, Cora.'' Diana said to get my attention.

''Yeah what's up?'' I responded.

''We should practice our touchdown stunts.'' She told me. ''You know, so that they go smoothly.''

''That's true. Let's get everyone to practice.''

There were people starting to fill the stands, which meant that the game would be starting soon and we would need to hurry. I could also see that the other team was settling in on the other side of the field with their cheerleaders.

After we practiced a few stunts, Diana and I headed over to the other side of the field to give the cheerleaders some snacks.

''Hi guys! My name is Cora and this is Diana!'' I greeted the girls as we went over.