CHAPTER 17

★──────────★─────────★

As I walked through the hallways of the house I couldn't find Cora anywhere.

I just wanted to be near her after the incident with Genesis's downstairs. I needed to let Cora know how much I love her and that she was the only girl for me and she always will be.

As I walked into the kitchen I saw Amelia and Apollo standing across from each other, laughing at something that one of them had said. However, Cora wasn't anywhere to be seen.

''Hey,'' I got their attention. ''Have either of you guys seen Cora?''

''No.'' They both responded in unison.

''I don't think Cora wants to see us right now now.'' Amelia said with a small laugh. ''She kinda walked in on us earlier. ''

''You two are-?''

''Together?'' Apollo finished for me. ''Yes.'' But we didn't do what you think. Promise.''

''I don't need to know what you two do. I'm more worried about finding my girlfriend right now.''

''Maybe the bathroom?'' Amelia told me. ''She had to have Been nearby since she walked in on us.''

''Alright then, I'll go look for her.'' As I looked for the bathroom of the house, I started to worry. I hadn't seen Cora in over an hour, and I had no idea where she was. I seemed to start to come down from my high as I walked quickly throughout the house.

I shouldn't have left her.

I should've gone with her to look for her phone.

God, I'm so stupid.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when I heard her laugh from beside me in one of the bedrooms.

What was she doing?

I smiled as I opened the door to see my beautiful girlfriend dancing around the room laughing as some of her friends laughed along with her.

''Cora.'' One of the girls got her attention and she turned towards where I was standing in the doorway of the room.

''Hi.'' Cora laughed nervously. 'I have your phone.'' She walked over to the nightstand and picked up two phones from it and handed me mine.

''Thank you sweetheart.'' I said as I pulled her in for a hug, she stumbled as I did. ''Are you drunk right now?'' I asked her.

''No.'' she replied with a confused expression. ''I haven't had any alcohol at all. Promise.''

There's no way she wasn't drunk. She was stumbling around, slurring her words, and her cheeks were extremely flushed.

''Are you sure?'' I asked her. ''You definitely seem drunk, my love.''

''I'm not, like at all.'' she slurred. ''But what I am is super tired. Can we go now?''

''What were you drinking?'' I asked her. ''Show me, and show me who gave it to you.''

Whoever gave her a drink is dead. I know Cora didn't drink anything with alcohol purposefully. She would never lie to me about that.

''I got it from Joshua. I drank a few seltzers, they were regular ones though. No alcohol.'' Cora said as she started to walk out of the room and towards the front door. ''I'm ready to leave. Bye guys!" She waved to her friends.

Where the hell is Joshua.

''Hey, hey.'' I put my hands on both sides of her face and brought it close to mine. ''I need to know what you drank sweetheart.''