Chapter 30 - Things have Changed

Monday, 5 o'clock in the morning. 

A figure sat on top of a building, watching over the city. "It might be a Monday but Kyoto's alive as ever!!!" The figure mutters looking at the skyline.

Far below on the road, a truck had been driving rather roughly causing chaos on the streets, crashing into cars and buses around it. A few feet behind the truck was a police car. Singular. And it seemed to be doing its best to stay within the rules and follow the truck.

"An officer that's following the rules... Must be a transfer officer! That's new. Most officers usually look for a way to get out of here! Ehh whatever. It's time for work!" The figure says as he jumps straight off the roof, free-falling down to the streets.

 "I've got 15 minutes to stop that runaway truck and get back home!" The figure says as he shoots out a web line, converting his freefalling into a parabola

'Hold up. The author thinks he's doing something funny by keeping my identity hidden here. So for those of you that didn't catch on yet. That's me, Izuku.'

Why would you do that? I was going to have an epic reveal!

'Seriously? The readers already know it's me! They've been through 30 chapters of you blabbering on about side stories and now that they get to the good stuff, a whole year later I might add, you're going to keep them in the dark?' Izuku shouts. 'Yes dear readers, it has been a whole year since we last met. I'm in my second year of high school and I have been the one and only Spider-Man for a whole year now!'

Do you want to do the recap?

'I mean yeah!'

Alright, then don't blame me for what happens next.

Recap Time! (Or something, idek I'm just winging stuff at this point)

After Peter and Gwen left, Izuku spent a few days in his room repairing his suit's mask while having taken a few days off from school and from there, he started patrolling a few blocks around his house as a civilian first, making note of the different heroes that patrolled the area and the routes they used on a daily basis.

Once he had mapped out the timings and routes of the heroes, Izuku finally started his patrol as the new Spider-Man, taking up the moniker of The Friendly Neighbourhood.

Izuku started off patrolling the area between his house and CC, helping out people here and there. Starting off with the simple stuff like helping old ladies cross a road, catching small-time thieves and thugs, returning lost kids to their parents and getting smacked in the face for it.

But over time he, as Spider-Man, gained a rep among the citizens. He wouldn't have any major fights though, just simple encounters where he'd show up and, web people up and force them to give up. Occasionally, he'd meet the same people, one such group was Kyojuro's, though they'd simply give up once they saw Izuku.