Prologue

I am so excited to be back and uploading the sequel to Infiltration (Thrawn x Reader). I had so much fun writing this and though it does get a little wild in parts, I think it gives me even more emotions than the prequel does.

If you did not read, and do not want to read, Infiltration, please note that the galaxy isn't quite the same. The Death Star, Palpatine, and Vader, met quite different ends. However, things mostly remained the same after that. For example, Leia and Han still fell in love (though Obi-wan survived), Luke still became a powerful Jedi, Ben Solo was still born, and still went to train with Luke. One large difference moving forward is the fact that Alderaan was not destroyed. In turn, Bail Organa survived, and Leia went on to be queen, though she still played an active role in the New Republic and the Resistance. Another of course, is that we know what happened to Thrawn, and where he is.

So, happy reading, and I'd be happy to answer questions for anyone who didn't read Infiltration.

Let me know your thoughts, I love your comments!

-----

My father's name is Mitth'raw'nuruodo, and my mother's is Mitth'ilya'nuru. And my name? Well, that isn't important anymore. Not since I met him. My Chiss name, the one my Mama and Papa gave me, hasn't been spoken to me in years.

Both of my parents were warriors. They met in the old Imperial Navy of lesser space, both of them infiltrators with different goals. Father became Grand Admiral with the goal of protecting the Ascendancy, either through an alliance, or by destroying the Empire. Mama was commanding a sort of elite Imperial shadow squad, though she was actually a spy for the Rebel Alliance. In some twist of fate, they fell in love, and eventually, led the last big offense against the Empire.

As far as I know, Papa is still a Fleet Admiral in the Ascendancy's Expansionary Defense Fleet—which he's been since I was eight. Mama got into politics when I was about ten. She became a Chiss Ambassador, albeit a deadly one, when the need arose. And it did occasionally, especially when she went on missions on Papa's flag ship.

And me? Well, I explored the Chaos with Mama.

It was during one of these journeys, that I finally understood my power was not just a connection to the force and a sensitivity to others' emotions.

Mama was working with a woman named Thalias, with the goal of improving a secret military program involving Chiss children who have some force sensitivity. They're called sky-walkers, and all the ones I'd met had been young girls, all under ten.

I was running through the fields of wildflowers with a girl much younger than me. I never cared about age; younger or older, it didn't matter. I connect with a person's soul, not their outer shell. This little girl was special, though I couldn't tell you why. It just felt good to be around her, like I was exactly where I was supposed to be.

Running, laughing, pointing out small animals and funny looking clouds. It still stands out in my memory, like a scar of the mind. The smell of the flowers and dust, the light moisture from the morning dew wetting my pant legs.

And then, she was gone.

Without knowing, we'd strayed too far from the fields, and entered hunting territory. She was out of my line of vision, but not out of my mind.

I could hear her agony, her terror—a sharp, piercing fear. She saw her own death.

I dashed forward until the abysmal pit came into view. She'd been impaled, though her chest and head were clean, undamaged. Somehow, I understood this was critical information. I tried to touch my mother's mind, to tell her I needed help.

Then, instinct took over.

I lifted her from the pit without touching her; my heartbeat was loud and consuming. The act was much different from the tiny things I usually played with in the air, like marbles and data cylinders. But I wasn't thinking. I was reacting. Later, I wouldn't be able to explain to Mama what I'd done.

I removed her slowly from the spikes and set her unconscious body tenderly on the ground, still trying to probe Mama's mind, to urge her to come find me.

Once she was down, I put my hands over her, and gave it everything I had. I had no idea what I was trying to do. I didn't know I would heal her.

It was instinctual: a raw, ancient instinct.

I felt myself screaming as I connected to her pain, my mouth open and my chest rattling. But all I heard was the wind, the grass growing, the pollinators landing on flowers, her heartbeat. I gripped onto her heart beat, and soon, I saw her entire body under my closed eyelids.

I could see the three large puncture wounds: one above her knee, one through her abdomen, and the other through her tiny bicep. I saw the tattered skin, the ripped blood vessels, the torn ligaments, the broken bones. I pushed deeper, and could feel her nerves firing through her brain stem, trying to find the sudden missing links in her body, pumping more blood to the areas that were losing it quick.

Slowly and with precision, I pulled the two shattered bones together with the force. I felt her pain as if it were my own, and I registered that I was still screaming. It was a burning pain like nothing I'd felt, and I wasn't sure she could survive something so brutal. But soon I was pulling the muscles together, healing them as if nothing had happened. Then the blood vessels, and I heard her brain register the healed parts, firing signals to the areas again.

The epidermis around the wounds began to close, and the pain began to fade. I felt her consciousness returning as my own began to fade. I'd given her my life, I'd used all that I had. I was so small myself, only eleven years old. And I'd given all of myself to this young girl, the only thing left inside me was my soul. And I was sure it wouldn't be enough.

But I was wrong. I woke up two days later in Papa's bed on his command ship, the Vigilant. Apparently Mama brought me to him, worried about the lack of medical establishments on Ool. I spent the next week with him and Mama, until we returned to the Ascendancy.

Waiting for us at home were books: ancient books in a language I didn't understand. Mama read them to me, and slowly, I learned Galactic Basic and the history of the Jedi and the Sith, as well as the Force and Third Sight.

Mama kept me close after that, and she tried to teach me. But at 17, I told her something that had bothered her immensely. I remember how even and neutral she remained, but I felt her fear, her anxiety. She wanted to argue, but she didn't. Three weeks later, her and Papa took me to lesser space.

Papa had eyed me on the flight like he does when he thinks I might be telling a lie. Mama had tears in her eyes. They asked me repeatedly if I wanted this, and each time, I told them I did. I didn't want to be a Jedi, or a Sith for that matter. But I needed the training. And Luke Skywalker was who I needed. Luke wasn't him. But Luke would lead me to him.