Chapter 5 - Darro

"Wake up," his mechanical voice entered my dreams.

"Mmm," I murmured before rolling over. "No." My body hurt, and I didn't know what time it was, but it was too early.

She's never told me no before

The blanket was pulled off me, the crisp air attacking my still naked body. I grumbled and curled into the fetal position. The next thing I knew, I was in the air.

"Kylo!"

That's a lot of bruises

"You told the Knights you had work to do today." I looked at him.

"Fine. Could you put me down?" He dropped me completely, and I landed with an oof sound.

"Aren't you lovely in the morning."

"Watch your tongue," he snapped.

Finally, I crawled out of bed with a huge yawn. I took a step, and immediately the memories from the night before came rushing back. I let out a small yelp and froze. He chuckled darkly, and my eyes snapped to him.

He sighed, only slightly audible under his mask. "There's a bath in my refresher. Take one. Then report to the command shuttle in an hour."

"Commander, I really do have work to do today." I'd wasted the entire day yesterday.

"Delegate it." I reached up and ran my fingers through my hair.

"Fine, but I need an extra 30 minutes to send the orders."

"You have one hour," he said, then spun, his cloak flailing behind him. I sighed, looking at the large comfy bed longingly.

The bath was incredible. I found pain reliever in his bathroom and swallowed it down. Afterward, I rushed through the ship to my room, tapping away at my datapad.

Until I crashed into someone. I caught myself, and fumbled for way too long, finally catching the datapad right before it hit the ground.

"Do you not have eyes, Captain?"

I looked up, trying not to feel annoyed. The man's red hair was perfectly neat, his uniform crisp. The General. I hadn't realized he was aboard. I was grateful I'd put my uniform back on—but a heads up would have been nice.

"I apologize, sir. I shouldn't be so absorbed in my work when I'm walking."

He eyed me for a moment. I felt his hatred for me. I met his eyes, and could sense his sudden discomfort.

"You're my new captain," he finally said.

"Yes, General."

"Well. You've done well so far. I expect you to keep it that way."

"Thank you sir. If you need anything from me, please don't hesitate to ask. It's a pleasure to finally meet you."

He was uncomfortable still, but I felt he was actually pleased with my progress. Enough so that he didn't continue berating me, though I felt his temptation to do so. He nodded his head for me to move along, and I bowed my head before I kept going.

That was weird. It's probably my skin and eyes that caused his hatred. And maybe upon realizing how useful I've been, the hatred just turned to discomfort. I wasn't really sure, but I didn't want to piss him off. He clearly has a temper, I could feel it bubbling underneath.

I changed my clothes and entered the command hanger exactly one hour after my conversation with Kylo. I walked over to Lieutenant Jack and cleared my throat. He turned around and gave me a small smile.