Chapter 15 - That's Why They Call it the Chaos

We flew in rounds, Kylo flying while I slept and vice versa. On the last leg of the journey, Kylo's turn to sleep, he remained in the cockpit. The moment we left hyperspace above Alderaan, we were in action. Kylo began sending orders and retrieving information from General Hux, and I commed the Royal Guard, getting us landing permission and requesting to see the Queen immediately, despite the fact that it was two in the morning.

Kylo was speaking to the Knights now, probably ordering them here. I sent a message to Kandria asking her to dig up any information on Exegol. Obviously, she had questions, but I told her I didn't have time to answer them. I was swimming in anxiety, but determination was fueling me.

The guards led us to a large conference room, similar to a command station, really. I supposed she had led a rebellion, twice. Han and Leia were here, as well as Luke, and a few people I didn't know.

"Mother," Kylo said upon entry. Everyone in the room looked exhausted, mirroring Kylo and I, I'm sure.

"Kylo, Rjea, you really believe he has returned?"

"He spoke to me. He wants me to come to him," I said, crossing my arms and leaning against a table. Not quite Empress attitude, but I didn't care.

"Why?"

"I do not know." I felt her discomfort. Her anxiety was much higher than even mine and Kylo's, and I remembered my own parent's fear. They've already had this fight, it must be discouraging to be confronting the same enemy again.

"You're not thinking about going, are you?" Luke asked.

I stared at him. "What other choice do I have? We must destroy him."

"We can destroy the entire planet," Kylo said, staring at the wayfinder. I felt the shock of Leia. Luke, however, had apparently already hoped for this outcome. This was surprising to me, and I narrowed my eyes at him. He must mean with Starkiller. I hadn't even thought about it; I've already destroyed one planet, and really didn't want to destroy another.

"How would we even know where to aim?" I asked Kylo.

"Someone would have to go."

"Okay," Leia said, putting her hands up. "Let's talk about everything we know before we make any decisions."

I described my vision, and Luke explained everything he knew about the wayfinder.

My comm chimed, and I answered it.

"Rjea," I said.

"Rjea. I-I found something," Kandria's voice rang out. The room quieted, and I froze. Her voice was slightly higher in pitch and several shades quieter than it usually was. She was a heartbeat away from losing it, I realized.

"Uh, it, it took a lot of slicing, but I have an old Imperial Palace computer I use to dig out data occasionally. Well, uh, the Emperor used the planet for experiments..." her voice audibly faded out. She was sick from whatever she'd found, and I felt horrible that I'd put her through this. She cleared her throat, and I closed my eyes, preparing for the blow.

"Cloning," my blood ran cold as pieces fell together. "But uh, Rjea. It's a Sith planet. It is a total myth, except, it's not. I've gotten into something dark here. He believed it to be a source of power, and, I'm talking ultimate power. But, that isn't what I called for." She took a breath, and you could hear a pin drop in the conference room, nobody even breathing.

She'd already said some mind numbing shit, and that wasn't what she called for?

"There is a shipyard." Oh. My eyes flashed to Kylo, then Leia. She met my eyes, and I saw she was pale. Palpatine has a fleet. "But uh..." Oh great, that isn't what she called for either.