I'd Have Nothing...

I don't know how long I stayed leaning against the door, but I didn't snap out of it until Chase came down the stairs and wrapped me in a hug.
"Are you okay?" He murmurs against the skin of my neck.
Instead of answering him, I wrap my arms around his torso and bury my head into his neck. It takes everything in me not to burst into tears, but I manage to do it. I have to be strong, if not for me, for Chase and his family.
After what feels like forever, I pull back from the hug.
"You think you guys have room for one more?" I ask, my voice barely above a whisper.
"Of course we do," he whispers back. "Of course we do."
I look up to see Chase's mom and dad standing in the doorway to the living room with sympathetic looks on their faces.
"You can stay as long as you'd like, sweetie," Tammy says to me.
"Thank you," I nod.
"It's the least we can do," his dad chimes in. "You make him so happy, I hope you realize that."
A small smile spreads across my lips, "he makes me really happy, too."
Chase rolls his eyes playfully at his parents before pulling me up the stairs, back to his room.
I sigh as I sit down in the edge of his bed, putting my head in my hands as I think about the conversation I had with my mother. She kicked me out of my home. If I didn't have Chase, I'd have nothing.
Lingering thoughts of the reason I broke up with Chase come to mind, but I force them back into the depths of my mind. I would never use Chase, and he came up with the idea for me to move in with him before I even thought it.
The bed shifts as Chase sits down next to me, wrapping an arm around my shoulder and pulling me into his side.
"Are you okay?" He asks for the second time.
I take a deep breath before saying, "I don't know." I think about telling him that I was kicked out, that I didn't decide to move out on my own, but decide he doesn't need to know. It could just cause more problems, problems we don't need.
"Let's just watch the movie," I say.
"Okay," he says gently and we lay down on the bed as he presses play.