Diabloceratops

INFORMATION

Name Meaning: Devil Horned Face.

Period: Upper Cretaceous (approximately 79,9 million years).

Length: 5,5 meters.

Height: Between 2 to 2,5 meters.

Weight: Between 1 to 1,3 tons.

Diet: Herbivore.

Diabloceratops eatoni is the only species of the extinct genus Diabloceratops of ceratopsid ornithischian dinosaur, which lived in the late Cretaceous period, approximately 79.9 million years ago during the Campaniense, in what is now North America.

Diabloceratops was a moderately built, medium-sized terrestrial quadrupedal herbivore that could grow to an estimated length of 5.5 meters. At the time of its discovery, it was the oldest known ceratopsid, and the earliest known centrosaurinid from latitudes south of the US state of Montana. Diabloceratops is a typical ceratopsian in that it had a long bone frill on its neck. It had a small horn on its nose, perhaps a second horn in front of it, and a pair of relatively small horns above its eyes. The frill also had a pair of very long spikes, as in Einiosaurus and Styracosaurus. The skull is deeper and shorter than that of other centrasaurines.

A dinosaur very well recognized for its characteristic horns, which gives it the name.

IN JURASSIC WORLD

Length: 6 meters.

Height: Between 2,5 to 3 meters.

Weight: 1,5 tons.

Diet: Herbivore.

Aggressivenness: 🟢 Passive.

The Diabloceratops was not planned for its excivition in Jurassic World, but due to an illegal cloning of a specimen of Diabloceratops on Sorna Island, it ended up being added to the park as another common herbivore.

Only 2 copies of this species were cloned, but due to a lack of control in the reproduction of this species, it reached a total of 9 copies of Diabloceratops.

Once these species were transferred to Isla Nublar for their existence in the park, there have been many incidents with these creatures since their transfer to the park, one of the incidents is that a young specimen of Diabloceratops attacked the security personnel, due to his stress.

And one of the strongest accidents caused by this species was that an adult specimen of Diabloceratops ended up causing a breach in the containment, causing 3 copies of Diabloceratops to escape. It was not long before a visitor reported the abyss of a specimen near a hotel, after a while, we was able to contain the specimens that escaped and were transferred back to their containment facility.

In Jurassic World, we have 12 specimens of Diabloceratops that we have had problems keeping these specimens, because this species is very prone to getting too sick, which greatly complicates their life expectancy.

The Diabloceratops is one of the dinosaurs with the least physical changes, which makes it one of the dinosaurs with the most physical characteristics very similar to its real counterpart, in short, the Diabloceratos is one of the most realistic dinosaurs in Jurassic World.

As a first fact, the Diabloceratops in Jurassic World is very affected in its state of health, since this species has many possibilities of getting sick every month, or even every week, this is a problem in the life expectancy of this species, because probably causes the death of a specimen at 6 years of age and without being able to reach full maturity (currently there is no approximate age of what its maximum life expectancy would be), this further complicates the reproduction of this species, since if they die very young, they will not be able to reproduce, and if they cannot reproduce, the species would end up becoming extinct, so we have a lot of security with this species.

The Diabloceratops is a dinosaur with fewer physical changes than its real counterpart, due to the fact that its DNA could be successfully extracted, being one of the dinosaurs with the purest Jurassic World DNA, if we analyze the characteristics of a Jurassic World specimen with its real counterpart, we will see very minimal changes and differences.

A very curious fact about the Diabloceratops is that its size has very minimal changes, having dimensions between 2.5 to 3 meters high, a length of 6 meters and a weight of 1.5 tons. And its real counterpart is estimated to have been between 2 to 2.5 meters tall, 5.5 meters long and weighed between 1 to 1.3 tons. As you saw it, the Diabloceratops of Jurassic World is a dinosaur with very few physical differences from its real counterpart, the small changes that can be registered are very minimal and are not always very noticeable.

Let's face it, Diabloceratops is a dinosaur with few differences from its real-life counterpart, which ends up leaving it with some minimal data, because it's so similar to its real-life counterpart that it can't be described by its clone form.

Well here we leave you a detailed image of the Jurassic World Diabloceratops: