Troodon

INFORMATION

Name Meaning: Tooth that wounds.

Period: Upper Cretaceous (approximately 75 million years).

Length: 2 meters.

Height: 1 meters.

Weight: Between 27 to 45 kilograms.

Diet: Carnivore (Omnivore).

Troodon formosus is the only known species of the dubious extinct genus Troodon ("Tooth that wounds") of troodontid theropod dinosaur, which lived in the late Late Cretaceous period, approximately 75 million years ago, in the Campaniaense, in what is now North America.

Its name comes from the ancient Greek for "tooth that wounds", referring to the teeth of this dinosaur, which are different from those of other theropods. The teeth have prominent apically oriented serrations. These "wounding" teeth, however, are morphometrically more similar to those of herbivorous reptiles, and suggest an omnivorous diet.

It is considered to be one of the most intelligent non-avian dinosaurs. Its brain was so large that its marks were even found in the fossilized cranial cavity. These marks indicated a large number of cerebral convolutions, which would increase the brain surface too much, indicating greater intelligence. It had a well-developed occipital lobe, responsible for memory and vision, and had a trace of a frontal lobe, which some scientists speculate would have enabled complex communication and consciousness.

Its brain is proportionally larger than those found in living reptiles so the animal may have been as intelligent as modern birds, which are more similar in brain size.

Unfortunately, this dinosaur has not been fully studied because very few fossil remains of this animal have been found, the little that can be found of this species are the teeth and nothing else, which makes scientists doubt the validity of the genus Troodon. Which caused scientists to take it as a model for Stenonychosaurus.

IN JURASSIC WORLD

TOP SECRET

CLASSIFIED: HIGH SECURITY PROJECT

TOP SECRET INFORMATION -- -- -- -- YOU ARE ABOUT TO RECEIVE INFORMATION CLASSIFIED BY DOCTOR "Henry Wu", FOR WHICH WE ASK YOU TO USE THE GREATEST DISCRETION OF ALL THE INFORMATION THAT WILL BE SHOWN BELOW, THE MISUSE OF THIS INFORMATION IT WILL BRING SERIOUS CONSEQUENCES.