Triceratops

INFORMATION

Name Meaning: Face with three horns

Period: Upper Cretaceous (approximately between 68 to 66 million years).

Length: between 7,9 to 9 meters.

Height: Between 2,9 to 3 meters.

Weight: Between 6 to 12 tons.

Diet: Herbivore.

Triceratops is a genus of ceratopsian ceratopsian dinosaurs, which lived in the late Cretaceous period, approximately 68 to 66 million years ago, in the Maastrichtiense , in what is now North America.

It is one of the last genera to appear before the great Cretaceous-Tertiary extinction event. It possessed a large bony frill (posterior skull platform) and three horns, a large body on four beefy legs, and several similarities to the modern rhinoceros.

Triceratops is one of the most recognized dinosaurs of all. Although it shared territory with and was hunted by the fearsome Tyrannosaurus, it is unclear if the two fought in the manner often depicted in museum exhibits or popular images.

Triceratops is the ceratopsid that scientists have learned the most about, but the exact placement of the genus within the group has nonetheless been a point of contention among paleontologists.

The Triceratops is an emblem in popular culture, being the most famous ceratopsian and everyone's favorite, being much loved by children and adults.

IN JURASSIC WORLD

Length: 8,5 meters.

Height: Between 3 to 3,5 meters.

Weight: Between 6 to 8 tons.

Diet: Herbivore.

Aggressiveness: 🟤 Territorial.

Triceratops, believe it or not, was the first dinosaur cloned by InGen for Jurassic Park, being the oldest dinosaur in the entire history of the park, and is currently one of the most famous dinosaurs in Jurassic World, in the excivicion of "The Valley of the Gallimimus", "Gentle Giants" and "Triceratops Territory"

Triceratops is a very sociable dinosaur with other dinosaurs such as Gallimimus and Struthiomimus, but there is a problem, Triceratops hates thyrophores (stegosaurids), especially Stegosaurus, it is not known how and why this hatred between them arose, but there is something that does not fit, the Torosaurus is very sociable with the Stegosaurus, they are even very friendly with each other, so... Why does the Triceratops hate the Stegosaurus? This hatred between these two species is under investigation.

This dinosaur is well known by the general public, being one of the most famous dinosaurs in Jurassic World, the Triceratops is a friendly and quite calm dinosaur, being a little dangerous dinosaur for visitors, but there is an exception; when it feels threatened It can cause a lot of disaster, it is very rare that they behave aggressively, but the few cases were when they are bothered or harassed, anyway, it is recommended not to bother this species to avoid problems.

LAST MINUTE UPDATE

A combat between a Triceratops and a Stegosaurus has been reported, unfortunately the Stegosaurus did not survive the internal bleeding caused by the Triceratops, while the aforementioned Triceratops received serious injuries from the Stegosaurus, but these injuries were already treated a few hours after the incident, currently they are thinking of separating these two species, so as to avoid more incidents like this, and being specific, this was the first incident caused by herbivorous dinosaurs, before future cases similar to this one.

In Jurassic World, the Triceratops is one of the most accurate dinosaurs to its real appearance, because its DNA was found in perfect condition and very well preserved, creating a more realistic appearance and behavior of the animal, more than 10 specimens have been cloned of this dinosaur, and now we have to know more about it.

As a first fact, the cloned Triceratops has dimensions of 8,5 meters long, between 3 to 3,5 meters high and an approximate weight of between 6 to 8 tons, these dimensions can vary, and if we talk about its counterpart real, has dimensions of between 7,9 to 9 meters long, between 2,9 to 3 meters high and an approximate weight of between 6 to 12 tons, as you noticed, the real counterpart is slightly longer bigger than its cloned counterpart, but the cloned specimens are usually taller than its real counterpart, and a very noticeable difference was the weight, since the real counterpart is much heavier than the cloned specimens.

There is a curious aspect, which is the shape of the head, speaking exactly of the bone ruff that protrudes from the top of the skull, since cloned specimens usually have a difference, some are larger, while others are usually smaller. (The latter are more common), but as far as we know of their real counterpart, almost all of them had a larger bone frill, which makes them different between their real counterpart and the cloned specimens.

The Triceratops is the most famous ceratopcid dinosaur in Jurassic Word, surpassing its "brother" the Torosaurus and Sinoceratops, and now that you know it, here is a detailed image of this dinosaur.