Torosaurus

INFORMATION

Name Meaning: Pierced Lizard.

Period: Upper Cretaceous (approximately between 66,8 to 65 million years).

Length: 8,8 meters.

Height: Between 2 to 2,5 meters.

Weight: Between 4 to 6 tons.

Diet: Herbivore.

Torosaurus is a genus represented by two species of ceratopsian dinosaurs, which lived in the late Cretaceous period, approximately 66.8 to 65 million years ago, in the Maastrichtiense, in what is now North America.

They had one of the largest skulls found in a land animal. The skull was about 2.6 meters long. From head to tail, Torosaurus must have been around 8.8 meters long, 2 meters tall and weighed between 4 and 6 tons.

It was characterized by a large bony plate, called a frill, projecting from the back of its skull. A short horn above its parrot beak and two longer horns above its eyes provide protection from predators. The horns were also possibly used in courtship rivalry. Torosaurus was the animal with the second largest skull that walked the earth, the one with the largest skull was the Pentaceratops.

The Torosaurus is one of the most recognized dinosaurs and at the same time one of the most confused, because it has a great similarity with the Triceratops. Torosaurus may be a synonymous genus of Triceratops, but that is still under investigation.

IN JURASSIC WORLD

Length: Between 6 to 7 meters.

Height: 3 meters.

Weight: Between 4 to 6 tons.

Diet: Herbivore.

Aggressiveness: 🟢 Passive.

Torosaurus had already existed on Isla Nublar for a long time, existing since from the origins of Jurassic Park, being one of the first dinosaurs cloned by InGen and currently added to Jurassic World in the excivition of "The Valley of the Gallimimus".

Torosaurus is a social dinosaur with other animals, but sometimes it becomes stressed by being around a large population, which the dinosaur may not feel comfortable with, and high levels of stress have already been reported from being with a herd of 15 Gallimimus, the behavior of Torosaurus is still under investigation.

The Torosaurus is a very calm dinosaur, so much so that it has been very friendly with scientists and even with visitors to the park, being one of the friendliest and calmest dinosaurs in the park, but that does not make it a danger, if it gets stressed it may cause troubles.

Despite its great size and strength, it is a very calm dinosaur, even socializing with the Triceratops and Stegosaurus in the enclosure, which gives us an idea of the level of socialization of this species, even socializing with the Apatosaurus. It is incredible how this species can communicate with almost all the dinosaurs with which it lives, this is being taken for the investigation of the behavior of the Torosaurus.

The only drawback of his socialization is his stress, because he is a very calm and peaceful dinosaur, he has a somewhat curious character for his species, this behavior is that he gets stressed by being in a large group of dinosaurs including his species, this means that it is not a dinosaur that lives in large herds, and this can be verified due to the behavior it has had in the enclosure, which shows that the species is separated from the large populations of the resinto, moving away from the vast majority of dinosaurs that live in herds, with this, we can define that the Torosaurus can live with a limit of 5 species, if it lives with more than 8 it will be separate from that group voluntarily, but if it lives with more than 11 it will become stressed and upset.

In Jurassic World, the Torosaurus is a dinosaur with very few changes in its appearance, due to the fact that a large part of its DNA has been collected, which makes it a dinosaur more similar to reality, so far 5 specimens have been cloned, this due to the behavior they have.

As a first fact, the Torosaurus is a dinosaur very similar to its real counterpart, and yes, it looks too much, the cloned specimens have dimensions of between 6 to 7 meters in length, 3 meters in height and weigh between 4 to 6 tons, and its real counterpart had dimensions of 8,8 meters in length, between 2 to 2,5 meters in height and weighing between 4 to 6 tons. Now we know how they are, and you can see the great similarity, or something like that, because they both have different size measurements, but they have the same weight, which makes them very similar to each other.

Despite its difference in size, and a similarity in weight, the Torosaurus is one of the dinosaurs with the purest DNA in the park, due to its great resemblance to its real counterpart, even the horns of both are similar, and not only the horns, also the big steering wheel on the head, which has the same features of a real Torosaurus, in short, Torosaurus is almost a real specimen that came back from extinction.

A fact that everyone needs to know is that the Torosaurus is not a Triceratops, many confuse these species due to their great physical resemblance, but they are not based on the characteristics, that differentiates one dinosaur from another, this is because the Torosaurus has different measurements of size and weight of the Triceratops, and the clearest thing is its steering wheel that protrudes from the top of its head, which is perforated and has two holes on each side, while the Triceratops does not have those holes in its steering wheel, this differentiates these two species, now you know how not to confuse Torosaurus with Triceratops.

Torosaurus is a very characteristic dinosaur in Jurassic World, and you already know it, and to finish, here is a detailed image of Torosaurus: