Carcharodontosaurus

INFORMATION

Name Meaning: Shark toothed lizard.

Period: Middle Cretaceous (approximately between 112 to 93.5 million years).

Length: between 12 to 13 meters.

Height: Between 3.5 to 4 meters.

Weight: Between 6 to 8 tons.

Diet: Carnivore.

Carcharodontosaurus is a genus of carcharodontosaurid theropod dinosaurs, which lived in the mid-Cretaceous period, approximately 112 to 93.5 million years ago, between the Albianense and Cenomaniense, reaching a few thousand years until the beginning of the Turoniense, in what is now Africa.

Carcharodontosaurus was a large carnivorous theropod whose size rivals other large theropods such as Tyrannosaurus, Giganotosaurus or Spinosaurus. The different estimates of length and weight of the species C. saharicus range between 12 and 13 meters in length and between 6 and 8 tons in weight.

Carcharodontosaurus also had one of the largest skulls of any carnivorous dinosaur, although not as large as originally thought since the lack of the quadrate and premaxilla led to misinterpretation, currently more accurate estimates place it in the range of 1.60 meters.

Carcharodontosaurus had jaws filled with serrated shark-like teeth (hence its name "shark-toothed lizard"), which had the function of tearing flesh, so that its prey bleed to death, and its front legs had sharp claws. like butcher's hooks to hold their victims while they tore them apart with their jaws.

It is one of the largest known predatory dinosaurs, and shared the same territory and the same time with Spinosaurus, another large carnivorous dinosaur.

This dinosaur could be one of the biggest predators in Africa and could even have rivaled the Spinosaurus, becoming a fearful dinosaur and one that should not be bothered.

IN JURASSIC WORLD

Length: ???

Height: ???

Weight: ???

Diet: Carnivore?

Aggressiveness: 🔘???

~~~~~<<<< NOTICE TO PARK STAFF >>>>~~~~~

CURRENTLY, WE DO NOT HAVE SUFFICIENT INFORMATION ABOUT THIS SPECIES, SO WE DO NOT KNOW ITS CURRENT STATUS.

REASON: CLASSIFIED

NOTICE: WE ARE WORKING TO UPDATE THE FILES, THERE WILL BE NO INFORMATION UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Thank you for your time

Jurassic World™