Chapter 1: The Cat is out of the Bag

Lydia's POV
Lydia hated attention, one of the reasons she fell into the background and was never paid much attention when she was on the Ark.
"You... are a second child?" Octavia came foward.
"How?" Bellamy.
"Did they hide you?" Clarke.
"No, no... Mother just lied to everyone, saying that I was a cousin from another station and I had the ID and everything so oh yeah."
"But you weren't taken because of it?" Octavia looked at Lydia with a sense of jelousy.
"No... she..." Clarke tried to remember but it had been too long.
"I stole from Chancellor Jaha, or well Wells Jaha." Lydia looked down, nobody said their name, it brought too many memories to everyone.
"How in the hell did you steal from them?" Bellamy was being more and more interested in this.
"I uh I was a friend, I guess, of Wells and he let me in sometimes." Lydia couldn't look at Clarke without seeing guilt, sadness and some anger in her eyes.
"Why did you steal?" Bellamy was being awfully interrogative for someone who didn't care.
"Mother and Father need it..." Lydia remembered that day like it was yesterday.

"Come on, I know that you're sad." Wells started walking to his comparment, where he shared with Chancellor Jaha.
"Yes... but we are not allowed." Lydia looked at him, sadly. This girl had a crush on the Chancerllor's son and couldn't say anything because he liked Clarke but she wouldn't even see him as a something else than a friend.
"Yes. But who cares?" He said as he walked into the comparment. They had stuff that others didn't, like bigger blankets. Like the ones that Mother need to sleep better, so she could get better. "You're staring...again." Lydia rolled her eyes playfully, like laughing at him.
"What if I am?" She had gotten better at stealing things. Distract and then take the thing.
"It's unnecesarry and cruel to me." Wells faked being in pain.
"Why is that?" She leaned towards the bed, thank god she had brought a purse that day.
"Because you know I can't give you anything, Lyds." He turned around, giving the time frame she need it. She quickly stuffed it in her bag before returning to her original position.
"I know that... you do know that I'm kidding? I don't want it, it's fine." She lied threw her teeth, thankfull that there was two and it didn't show that one was missing.
"I wish I could give them to you. Maybe I could get you some ch--" Lydia cut him off.
"That's Clarke, not me. I don't draw..."
"Right, Clarke..." He opened his arms. "Lyds?" His voice was playfull ojce again.
The girl smilled before throwing herself at Wells. "Wellie."

As they burst into the door, Lydia tried to hide the blanket that her mother was ussing but she janked it until they walked in.
" What...? What... did you... do?" Her mother's raspy voice ringed in her head.
" The less you know, the better." Lydia's eyes pooled with tears.
"Lydia Evans, you are under arrest for stealing directly from Chancellor Jaha. Since you are under age, you will not get floated but since you did broke the law, you will spend the rest of your adolensence years inside a holding cell, turn around."
"You stole from Chancellor Jaha...?"
"She indeed did , ma'ma. Sorry for the inconviniece." Just as he said the last word and she was being arrested, her sister Lisa walked into the comparment.
"Mom? Lydia?" She looked lost until she saw the cufs on her sister. "Finally! Someone found out!"
Lydia shook her head, frantically.
"No!" Her mother said.
"When is she getting floated?" She pointed towards my mother.
"What do you mean, young lady?" The officer asked letting go Lydia momentarialy.
As the older sisrer explained , Lydia's emotions shook, she wanted to kill her sister and the officer and the cufs everything that surrounded her. Her mother was later taken to custody and given a trial, where her Father, Lisa and Lydia said their goodbyes.

"Yoo, earth to Lydia!" Jasper screamed on her face.
"What?" Lydia's head snapped up.
"You almost fainted, you had tears in your eyes."
"I'm fine." She lied, once again.
"Sure you are..." Octavia nudged her in the shoulder.
"Fine here means horrible, because you know." Clarke said, rolling her eyes.
"Whatever." The redhead turned her back on them and then went directly towards her tent. She had enough flashbacks as it was.