𝟑 | 𝐒𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮

song: jaymes young - infinity

° ☆ 𝐍𝐨𝐫𝐚 ☆ °

As I slowly rise from the bed, the soft warmth of the morning sunlight filtering through the curtains envelops me, contrasting with the dull ache pounding in my head. The room feels strangely familiar, yet disorienting, like a puzzle missing a few crucial pieces.

I take a moment to gather my bearings, my fingers grazing over the smooth fabric of the blanket as I try to piece together the events of the previous night. Flashes of laughter, pulsating music, and the clinking of glasses dance through my mind, shrouded in a haze of alcohol-induced fog.

With a groan, I scrub my hands over my face, hoping to dispel the lingering remnants of sleep and alcohol. Memories trickle back, slowly coalescing into a coherent narrative. I recall the throbbing bass of the music, the dimly lit ambiance of the crowded club, and the intoxicating scent of alcohol mingling with perfume.

Suddenly, it all clicks into place. I remember Kai's familiar grin, his arm slung around my shoulder as he led me through the thronging crowd. His voice, warm and comforting, assuring me that everything would be alright as he guided me to the safety of his apartment.

Kai. My brother, my protector, the one constant in my chaotic life. Despite his frequent absences, he always manages to be there when I need him most, a reassuring presence in a world fraught with uncertainty.

I pause, my head swimming with a potent mixture of nostalgia and regret. Kai's absence weighs heavily on me, a reminder of the chasm that separates us, both physically and emotionally. Yet, in moments like these, his presence is palpable, a tangible reminder of the bond that binds us together.

With a resigned sigh, I push myself off the bed, my legs wobbly beneath me as I steady myself against the bedside table. Despite the pounding in my head and the queasiness in my stomach, I know that I must face the day ahead, armed with nothing but determination and a healthy dose of aspirin.

As I shuffle towards the door, the faint sound of birdsong drifts through the open window, a gentle reminder that life goes on, even in the midst of chaos and uncertainty. With a newfound sense of resolve, I take a deep breath and step into the unknown, ready to confront whatever challenges lie ahead.

I'm sure Kai wouldn't mind if I used his bathroom and made some breakfast later, right?

I find the bathroom and lock the door. The warm water cascading over me feels like a gentle embrace, soothing my aching muscles and easing the pounding in my head. Steam fills the bathroom, enveloping me in a cocoon of comfort as I allow myself to drift, if only for a moment, away from the confusion and chaos of the night before.

I reach for the coconut-scented body gel, the familiar aroma transporting me to sun-drenched beaches and lazy summer afternoons. Despite my initial reservations, the scent offers a fleeting sense of tranquility, a brief respite from the storm raging inside my mind.

As I step out of the shower, the cool air of the bathroom wraps around me, sending a shiver down my spine. I towel off quickly, eager to escape the oppressive humidity and confront the reality waiting for me beyond the bathroom door.

Glancing at the clock, I note the time with a mixture of surprise and resignation. The morning is slipping away, the hours ticking by like grains of sand in an hourglass. With a sense of urgency, I discard the damp towel and wrap myself in a fresh one, the soft fabric providing a comforting barrier against the outside world.

With determination coursing through my veins, I stride towards my brother's closet, the familiar scent of his cologne mingling with the faint aroma of coconut still lingering on my skin. As I swing open the door, I'm greeted by rows upon rows of gray hoodies and sweatpants, a testament to Kai's unwavering commitment to comfort and practicality.