𝟏𝟗 | 𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐩 𝐦𝐞

song: nic dean - foreign escape

° ☆ 𝐊𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐧 ☆ °

Nora has been ignoring me for the past four hours and I think I'm about to go insane. I wish she stopped hiding in the shadows, and would just come talk to me.

Now, I'm not an insecure guy, but she keeps avoiding me because of our past moments together. It makes me feel bad, because maybe I treated her the wrong way, or I didn't give her enough attention or pleasure. I'd pay thousands of dollars to know what's going on inside her head. Does she feel uncomfortable in my presence? I'm not trying to be nosy, but I just need to be close to her.

Keeping an eye on her, I see her walking down towards the mini bar with Mason. I still don't know why this dude is here with us, but if Nora likes him then so be it. I will respect her friends.

"You okay, my guy?" Elias zeroes me back to reality. He looks at me with a confused expression.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm good." I reply, but start walking in the direction of the main pool.

I've decided to spend my evening over here, close to the pool. I'm not in the mood to party tonight. Don't get me wrong, this place looks insane, but the vibe isn't right. Considering I haven't slept well in days, I could use a little nap right now, but my goddamn insomnia exists.

I relax into the rounded couch and let the time pass.

° ☆ 𝐍𝐨𝐫𝐚 ☆ °

Damn margaritas, I'm not even in the mood to get tipsy tonight. Me and Mason have been at the bar for an hour already and I haven't even taken three sips of my drink - not that I have to get drunk everyday, but usually nights are just a bit more fun if you do get drunk, because once alcohol starts running through your veins, nothing in this world matters anymore.

"I'm gonna go check this place out." I tell Mason and walk away from my current spot. Looking around, I spot Lilly and Lucas being touchy with each other in the far corner. Ugh, the last feeling I need right now is to be jealous. I'm just so goddamn touch deprived. However, my mission still stands; no touching.

As I approach the slide door for the lounge area inside, I hear a lot of loud music, so I decide to chill somewhere outside, perhaps by the pool.

After a short walk I reach the edge of the pool and notice somebody in the booth. I could really use a stranger to talk to right now. I go around the small fire place, then walk down into the sitting area.

And then I see who the stranger is. Really universe? This is the person you want me to chat with? Absolutely not. But I'm too lazy to walk all the way back to where I came from. I slide onto the couch on the opposite side and once I focus on the man in front of me, I can see he's actually asleep. Perfect - no need for a conversation then.

I guess I'm just going to relax a little. But ouch, these high heels are killing my feet. Leaning forward, I undo the first strap and kick the shoe off my foot.

"Huh?" Kaden mumbles as he opens his eyes. Shit, my shoe must have accidentally hit him.

"I- I'm sorry, I didn't mean to do that." I say quietly.

"You gave me a little heart attack, you know?" He looks at me from underneath his furrowed brows, but then he adds a low chuckle to his sentence.