| 𝐁𝐨𝐧𝐮𝐬 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫

song: cigarettes after sex - apocalypse

° ☆ 𝐍𝐨𝐫𝐚 ☆ °

FOUR MONTHS LATER - DECEMBER, SPAIN

The winter chill has settled over Madrid, casting a frosty enchantment over the bustling city streets. As the end of December approaches, the air is filled with the scent of roasting marshmallows and the sound of cheerful carols drifting through the air.

When I stepped through the familiar doorway earlier, I was greeted by the comforting embrace of my mother. This year, she wished me and Kai would spend the holidays with her. In the end, I came here with Kaden and my brother brought his girlfriend , whose arms were now snuggling a little baby girl, who was born just a little over two months ago. Rosie is by far the cutest baby I have seen so far, and I couldn't have been happier for the two people by my side.

As we gather around the twinkling lights of the Christmas tree, I can't help but feel a sense of gratitude for the love that surrounds me. The crackling fire in the hearth casts a cozy warmth throughout the room, inviting us to linger a little longer in each other's company. Kai and Camila exchange tender glances, their new roles as parents evident in the gentle way they cradle their newborn daughter. It's a sight that fills my heart with a sense of awe and wonder, witnessing the miracle of new life in our midst.

Across the plush sofa, Kaden's eyes meet mine, a silent exchange of love and understanding passing between us. His hand finds mine, fingers intertwining in a comforting gesture that speaks volumes without the need for words.

I watch as my mother places a tray of various desserts before us, each one more enticing than the last. I get hit with the aroma of freshly brewed coffee and baked cookies, which creates an atmosphere of warmth.

After indulging in the sweet treats, we exchange gifts, each one filled with thoughtfulness. When it's Kaden's turn to present his gift, he hands me a small bag in which also lies a box. With a playful glance at the man, I open the box first, revealing a pair of golden earrings, representing delicate sunflowers and my heart fills with gratitude at the gesture. Up next, I take out the stuffing and pull out two pieces of paper. My hands first grab a yellow-colored note, which reads "Would you like to see how France paints its sunsets?" and then my eyes land on a plane ticket beneath the note. A ticket to Paris.

A hand lands on my mouth in disbelief. Looking up, my gaze meets Kaden's and he's already staring at me with a special glint in his eyes. "Is that a yes?" He suggests, opening his arms for me, inviting me in for an embrace.

I fall into his hug and lock eyes with him. "We are going to Paris?" I quip.

"Yes, just me and you, sweetheart," he speaks softly, and a second later he presses a kiss to my cheek.

"That is so nice of you Kaden. Paris is a dream!" My mom turns to us with a happy expression dancing on her face.

Snuggling into his warm body, I watch as the others exchange their little treats and a feeling of peace washes over me. The evening unfolds like a scene from a cherished memory and I couldn't have been happier. I have missed this. Mom, Kai and our loved ones.

After what felt like seconds, although it was three hours, Kaden and I have decided to walk to the center of Madrid, so I could show him the place where I grew up. As we get closer to our destination, the city starts to beckon with its festive allure. The cobblestone streets are glowing with twinkling lights, casting a warm, inviting glimmer over the bustling holiday scene. We stroll hand in hand, our breath forming tiny puffs of vapor in the chilly night air.

Just as I'm about to point toward my favorite coffee shop, something cold but delicate hits my face. Looking up, I realize the first snowflakes of the year are starting to fall. A smile spreads across my lips as I watch the icy sparkles drift lazily from the sky.