Retirement Note

Hello my gangsters.

I hope you are doing wonderful and healthy in this early 2022.

As you may have noticed, I hardly have been active on any of my accounts lately.

I've written this message over 5 times and have been trying to avoid it for 2 months, like a coward.

I wanted to keep this short, yet, my best friends have advised me to explain and tell you the truth of all that happened, and I agree, you deserve to know.

Due to a serie unfortunate events, I am pushed to terminate my career as a fanfic writer.

There are exactly three reasons for that, but one in particular was the catalyst.

1 .You may certainly not know, but my health has been deteriorating for the past year, and even more so since Summer 2021.
I developped chronic migraines, sensory overload and my immune system is getting weaker and weaker. I get sickly like never before, so writing, among other activities, for long hours have been more straining than ever, especially for my eyes.

I could push through though.

2. I've been getting more and more responsibilities as the years went by. I'm not 18 anymore, writing out that first Bakugo fanfic sitting bored in college, before dropping out without remorse, not caring what would become of me.

I'm 22 now, have many people that all are very dependant of me.
You may joke that I'm a 'mom friend', but there's always a part of truth in a joke.
They would be lost without me.

I also have a life-long project that takes a lot out of me, and as much as I love writing for you beautiful gangsters, I have to choose the empire I'm building for myself and, once it's done, I'd be more than happy to show you what I've accomplished, if any of you are still here when that time comes.

Then why am I retiring so soon? Time and health can be balanced easily right...?

3. What is pushing me to stop is that, on the 1st of January precisely, technology has eventually failed me, and my phone died.
Pretty mundane, it happens to the best of us. But none of my data was able to be recovered. Nothing. Not a spec.

And that includes all two years worth of fanfictions, drafts, requests, ideas that I had ready for you. It's a miracle I even got my accounts back to recount this.

I know, it's really underwhelming of a reason, but for all the time and effort I've spent, I can not imagine redoing all of that work all over again. Especially with the two factors I've mentionned earlier. I don't have that luxury anymore, neither the time, or the strength. It's over for me.

I was planning on retiring sometimes this year actually. I was planning on finishing up my current written fics, post them all and close the requests so I could retire in peace.

I'm not in the right place to dedicate my life to writing anymore, be it health-wise, or priority-wise.

I wished I could have continued a few more years in fact, I had it all planned out, but alas, things happen in life that are out of our control, and all we can do is move on.

However I don't wish to mourn over the epitaph of my own grave, I still do want to spread positivity in my gang ✧

Something tells me this was just a sign. Whether you believe in signs and fate or not, I sure do. And I guess fate forced himself onto me to let me know what I had to focus on and what I had to leave behind.

All is good, my gangsters. Please don't worry your little faces about me. Everything will be okay.

The future is bright for all of us. As they say, "Don't be sad because it's over, be happy because it happened."

I love you. I truly do. And I spent amazing hours writing for you, reading all your hilarious comments, your sweet messages and reactions. If anything, I'll miss these the most. I'll miss you the most.

I'm sorry for those who are disappointed. I am as well.

I apologize for all the unkept promises.
I thank all of you for the endless love and support. You have been only sweet to me and this decision was not taken lightly, or without guilt.

Your presence have given me something I never had the privilege to experience, and that is Love. The wave of warmth in my heart, the butterflies in my stomach, the electricity down my spine. All of the things I write in my fics, it's all you.

I want to give a special thank you to:

@gio-is-writing on Tumblr , for being a friend.

And of course, Thanks to you, reading this. Take amazing care. Drink water, get some sleep, prioritize health and mental health.
I hope my stories brought a little sliver of peace in your day.

You will always be my gangsters and this gang will always be open for you.

I love you. I love each and every single one of you.

I will stay for a bit to answer some of your messages. And on that...

I take off with a smile, so please send me off with one too.

Thank you, and goodbye 💙

※ Sohin Ace ※