Chapter 1 - As Two Journeys Begin

As I walked alongside Sumire onto the school grounds of Yuigaoka, my eyes began to wander around. A couple years ago, the school that was here before closed down, however rather than let it end up demolished, it's been refurbished and starting this year is a new school. There's the general curriculum that me and Sumire are in, and the music program which is apparently the big focus of the school. I like music and all, but I have no actual aptitude for the stuff, so even if I wanted to, I wouldn't be able to get into it.

I feel like part of the reason Sumire ended up deciding on this school is because it's not too far from her home. Not that my reason is any better, I just want to be able to support her a little.

"So this is it, huh? It looks like a pretty nice place." I said

"It does." Sumire responded

I stretched out my body, trying to get the last of the sleep from my body, until I felt a pain in my stomach that made me flinch back to my normal position.

"You okay?" Sumire asked, concerned

"Yeah, just remind me to not stretch so far." I said

Sumire sighed and said "I understand why you did what you did, but don't be so reckless next time. I was seriously scared for you."

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry. Now can we just focus on the fact that today we're actually starting highschool?" I said. I guess she's still a little mad at me for scaring her like that.

As we walked, I ended up bumping into an incredibly tall man and fell down, the man not even budging. I'm slightly above average when it comes to height, and he seems to be at least a couple inches taller than me.

The man looked at me and kneeled to help me up "I'm sorry about that. Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." I said as I got up

The man looked at me for a moment and said "You're Naoki Hoshino, right?"

"That's right." I responded

"Well then, I'm your homeroom teacher, Seto Nagai."

"Then it's good to meet you Mr. Nagai." I said

"And you too. Now I'd be glad to get to know one of my students, but I have a few things to confirm before class begins so I better get going. I'll see you in class." Mr. Nagai said before walking away

"Alright..." I said. He didn't seem like a bad person, but with the way the man is built, I'm surprised he is a teacher of all things.

"I'm surprised he knew who you were." Sumire said

"I'm guessing that he read my file or something." I said

The two of us headed into the building and split up as we reached our classrooms, which were right beside each other before heading our separate ways. As I expected, I didn't recognize anybody in my class, and so I silently took a seat and waited for class to begin.

—----------------------------------

When the lunch bell rang, rather than go to get something to eat, I ended up deciding to meander around the school. I figured that it was a good way to spend the break, as besides the way to my classroom, I don't really know what's going on here. Outside the building are various clubs trying to recruit people to join them, and one girl with a sign calling out to people to try and become idols with her. Good luck to her I guess, more so since judging by her uniform she's in the general curriculum like me and Sumire. Actually I wouldn't be too surprised if she was in Sumire's class since there's only a couple of classes total due to the school just opening up.

After spending a while wandering inside the building, I ended up deciding to head outside and see what is outside. At least that was the plan until I started to get a bit tired due to the fact I'm still recovering from my injury. I ended up wandering to a planter and sitting on its brick walls.